Can I Safely Use Facebook with Students for Class Interaction?
If you want to connect with students, isn't Facebook
where you should be?
Between 80 and 90 percent of college students use Facebook.
If you want to connect with students, isn’t that where you should be?
That depends. Drawing on his experience, the program presenter explores why you might—or might not—want to include Facebook in your online teaching toolbox.
In this Magna 20 Minute Mentor, Can I Safely Use Facebook with Students for Class Interaction? , you’ll explore what Facebook does well and how you can harness social media to support face-to-face and e-learning objectives.
Can I Safely Use Facebook with Students for Class Interaction? is short enough to fit anyone’s schedule, yet it’s rich with information you can use right away. After this session, you will be able to:
- Decide if a Facebook presence is the right thing for your course and your students
- Select the right way to use Facebook in higher education
- Create your own Facebook group and use it to communicate with your students
Find the best options for supporting learning using technology in the classroom. In this seminar you’ll learn:
- The difference between Facebook pages and Facebook groups—especially when it comes to privacy and different ways to share information
- The distinction between open, closed, and secret Facebook groups
- The varying degrees of access that different Facebook groups provide
- How other social media (i.e.Twitter, LinkedIn) can help you connect with students
Privacy is always a concern when dealing with online teaching and learning, and this seminar will show you how you can interact with students online without running afoul of FERPA regulations.
The presenter makes it easy for you to implement what you’ve learned, peppering his presentation with screenshots and live views of Facebook groups. He provides step-by-step instructions for developing a supplementary website.
Businesses everywhere are developing social media strategies. Why not higher education faculty? Order this seminar today and get started!
Product Code: PM12VA