How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading?
Reduce frustration with a total point grading system in
At the end of a semester, do you find your office full of students wondering what their grade will be?
Are they often complaining that their grade is much lower than they anticipated?
It’s OK, we’ve all been there.
The good news is that there is a way to reduce grading frustration – for your students and yourself.
In How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading?, the presenter discusses total point grading, a system that is simple to implement.
It helps students understand how grades are determined and what their grades are throughout the semester.
Viewing How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading? you learn a step-by-step approach to make grading as objective as possible. In the process, you’ll also:
- Help students know how to figure their grades and where they stand in your class
- Make it simpler to explain the way grades are determined
- Prevent complaints to your department chair and dean
- Reduce office time spent answering questions about how students can earn As
- Improve your course evaluations
During this information-packed program, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a total point grading system for any course
- Make grading as objective as possible
- Discuss how grades are determined with your students throughout the semester
- Lower student frustration about grades
- Lower student complaints about grades
We include questions for further discussion, blank versions of rubrics, and sample documents as well as a PDF transcript, critical reflection worksheet, and PowerPoint handouts.
If you would like to reduce student frustration, save valuable office time, and improve course evaluations, then you need to learn about total point grading. Purchase How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading? today and simplify grading across your campus!
Since departments often have shared grading systems, this would be a great seminar to share with your colleagues. In fact, since grading is such a common issue, why not share this important information with all your colleagues? Purchase a Campus Access License, and you can load seminar content onto your internal website. All members of your campus community will be able to access the seminar at their convenience.
Product Code: PM12ZA