Copyright Questions 3-pack
Comply with Copyright Laws: Learn your Legal Limits
When it comes to copyright issues, what you donít know can hurt you.
Running afoul of federal law or your institutionís policies can wreak havoc on your reputation, and even your finances.
If you design or teaching courses, you need to know how copyright law affects your work Ė as well as how to stay on the right side of that law.
Learn what you need to know with the Copyright Questions 3-pack, a series of Magna 20-Minute Mentor.
In the Copyright Questions 3-pack, you will explore solutions to the following key questions:
- Linking, Embedding & Streaming: Whatís Legal? Whatís Not?
Understand the legal context within which you can legally use videos, DVDs, websites, and streaming content
- How Can I Design Copyright-Compliant Courses?
This presentation will give you an overview of fair use and copyright law, and show you best practices to keep you on the right side of the law
- What Does Copyright Ownership Mean to Me?
This session covers the key issues of copyright ownership and shows how they apply to your work
Each 20-minute presentation delivers insightful information you can implement immediately.
After you view the presentations, youíll be able to:
- Differentiate between what you do and do not own
- Manage the necessary steps to preserve your copyright ownership
- Distinguish between the practices of linking, embedding, and streaming
- Apply copyright rules and regulations for legal linking and embedding
- Explain how the TEACH Act and fair use affect streaming
- Analyze the legal issues related to common types of course materials
- Evaluate and implement appropriate use and delivery of course materials
- Identify copyright compliance as an essential element in course planning
Once you understand how to approach the issues involved, youíll be prepared to make better decisions about your publishing and research opportunities.
Learn how to do whatís right for you, your career, and your academic standing with the Copyright Questions 3-pack.
You donít have to be a practicing attorney or a copyright expert to be an effective educator, but you do need to know your legal limits.
Like many problems, copyright issues are best dealt with as early as possible. These three programs will show you how to address these potential problems right away.
- The important differences between free access and public domain
- The answer to the most common question about copyright in online classes
- What joint owners can and canít do independently
- The four situations when streaming is clearly lawful
- The first place to look for guidance on copyright issues
- Best practices for citing material in the public domain
With a concise and clear approach, the presenter explores principal issues with copyright in the academic world and walks you through key decision points.
She uses examples throughout her presentations to help you see key principles in action and understand current copyright laws.
Rich with detail, updates from cutting edge legal cases, and supplemental materials, these three 20-Minute Mentor programs could transform the way you plan your courses Ė and keep you and your institution out of legal difficulties.
Purchase the Copyright Questions 3-pack today and learn more about what you need to know to follow the rules Ė and be an effective and well-prepared instructor!