Can Service-Learning Work in My Discipline?
Service-Learning in higher education
Many educators believe that service-learning can be a valuable practice … for other educators.
But they’re sometimes at a loss to understand how it can be incorporated into their own disciplines.
You can have service-learning work well in every discipline.
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor program, you’ll learn how to think creatively about service-learning, and how you can make it a part of your students’ educational experience.
When you’ve completed this professional education program, you’ll be able to:
- Determine the opportunities for service-learning in your discipline
- Select appropriate projects for your students
- Grade activities and assess outcomes
The program presenter shows you what service-learning can add to your courses and provide concrete implementation strategies.
- The key principles of service-learning—reflection and reciprocity
- The benefits of service-learning for both students and communities
- How to link activities to outcomes
- The different types of service-learning
- How to assess outcomes and grade service-learning
You learn through case studies of disciplines as varied as college writing and engineering, the presenter helps you appreciate the ample opportunities you have to introduce service-learning to your own courses.
Order this session today and learn how adding service-learning to your courses provide concrete implementation strategies.
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM10BA