Consistency and Quality in Online Education Multipack
Online education is not new to academia—however, finding ways to constantly improve upon online offerings and ultimately ensure the highest level of student success remains an area of continued discussion, research, and debate.
In order to supply the best online education, gaining faculty support and having effective procedures in place to review course content for quality is essential. Also, to keep pace with modern online education initiatives, it’s important to learn what tools other institutions are using—such as analytics—to enhance their programming.
Through concrete tips, practical strategies, and real-life examples, this suite of 20-Minute Mentors, presented by Brian Udermann, PhD, gives academic leaders the tools needed to improve online courses, while simultaneously enhancing faculty and administrator relationships in the context of online education.
Purchase the Consistency and Quality in Online Education Multipack, which includes:
- How Can Student and Faculty Feedback Improve Online Program Quality?
Learn the value of surveys, how to conduct a survey and what to ask, and how to use the resulting data to improve the quality of online programming and course design.
- How Does Consistency Improve Quality in Online Courses and Programs?
Gain awareness of the many benefits to both students and faculty that come from consistent course design.
- How Can High Quality Faculty Development Improve Online Course Quality?
Learn how to establish a faculty development program and what content to provide, as well as ultimately see an improvement in program quality leading to growth in program offerings and enrollment.
Even if you are familiar with online course quality review and methods for interacting with faculty to enhance online initiatives on your campus, these three programs will add to your knowledge with proven methods that can be implemented to further promote the highest quality online programs. You’ll also learn how other institutions are collecting and disseminating data to better their online offerings.
During these dynamic programs, you’ll:
- Identify the importance of collecting and using data from your online students and faculty who teach online courses.
- Formulate a process on your campus by which appropriate stakeholders can work together to determine how courses and programs can be more consistent without being “cookie cutter”
- Describe the many benefits that having strong professional development opportunities for faculty can have on instructors and the quality of online programming
- Describe the process to identify appropriate stakeholders on campus to discuss this topic and take reasonable steps to implement necessary changes
In an easy-to-understand format, online education expert Brian Udermann, PhD, will walk you through various strategies and techniques that other institutions are using to ensure top-quality online education programs that are supported by college faculty.
Topics covered include:
- Why should institutions survey online students and faculty who teach online courses? Learn how data can help improve the quality of online programming.
- What questions should be asked of students and of faculty? Learn topics to cover to ensure meaningful results.
- Learn how instructors or support personnel can create courses and programs that are more consistent (using templates, training, standards and guidelines, policies, etc.).
- Learn strategies for how faculty, staff, and administrators can work together on a college campus to determine how their courses and programs can be more consistent while preserving autonomy and faculty voice.
- There are many benefits of providing high quality professional development opportunities for faculty, including helping faculty feel more prepared to teach online, growth of online courses and programs, and an overall improvement in the quality of online courses and programs offered.
This three-part series is intended for college administrators who are looking for ways to successfully change the culture on campus as it relates to online education.
During the programs, you’ll learn practical strategies for improving the quality of your online courses, increasing student success, and aiding in the professional development of faculty.
Enhancing the effectiveness and faculty buy-in of online education initiatives is key to having continued success with these programs. This transformative series will walk you through proven methods for strengthening your online offerings and will also explore methods for using analytical data to further enhance these programs. Purchase today.
Product Code: OM19DD