Grading Best Practices 4-pack
Effective assessment strategies
Grading can be even more challenging for instructors than it is for students.
After all, instructors have to set standards, follow them, and find enough hours in the day to get their work done.
And whether you’re reviewing papers, exams, or class participation—when you grade students, you’re also evaluating yourself as an educator.
If you’d like to improve your personal performance, the Grading Best Practices 4-pack is for you.
You’ll discover practical solutions, from the presenters to the following instructional issues:
- What Is the Best Way to Grade Participation?
Learn an overview of what not to do when grading participation, activities worth doing, how to do them, and how to evaluate your own process
- How Can Rubrics Make Grading Easier and Faster?
In this program, you will get examples of the three basic formats for rubrics and explore seven key recommendations developed to help you transform the grading process
- How Can I Use a Total Point System to Clarify Grading?
This material will give you strategies to reduce student frustration with grades, save valuable office time, and improve course evaluations
- How Can I Use Technology to Create Custom Automated Feedback?
Learn how to use feedback banks, feedback technology, and automated feedback to improve your online comments to students
In this series of four Magna 20-Minute Mentors, you’ll learn skills to improve your approach to grading and your overall teaching. These videos will show you real-world tested techniques to make your grading more consistent, comprehensive, efficient, and effective.
Each program is only 20 minutes in length, so you’ll be able to enhance your pedagogical toolkit at your convenience.
After participating in the four programs included in the Grading Best Practices 4-pack, you’ll be able to:
- Identify common pitfalls associated with grading student participation
- Design positive and negative criteria to use in evaluating student participation
- Formulate strategies for implementing assessment plans
- Develop and implement feedback strategies to help students improve their participation
- Design and use rubrics to support learning outcomes
- Employ a total point grading system in any course
- Explain to students how grades are determined
Grading is an essential link in the feedback chain of higher education, and it’s one of a faculty member’s most important responsibilities. The Grading Best Practices 4-pack will help you make sure your grading system encourages student learning and sends messages consistent with your overall teaching strategy.
You’ll learn proven techniques to help you upgrade your approach to important grading issues, such as:
- Participation – Learn techniques to keep all students aware of how their class contributions will be evaluated
- Rubrics – Find out how rubrics can help you avoid biases in scoring
- Total Point Systems – See how point-based systems can reduce student complaints about grades
- Technology – Discover how technology can help you provide more and better quality feedback, in less time
Take advantage of this fast and focused professional development opportunity, and purchase the Grading Best Practices 4-Pack today!
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM00LA