How Can I Engage Adjunct Online Faculty in Professional Development?
Professional development for online adjuncts. Here
are the three keys to success …
You want adjunct faculty to be fully prepared to deliver an excellent product – i.e., courses that provide real educational value to students.
In the case of online adjuncts, who are so diverse in background, experience, current life situation, motivation, location – the list is practically endless – it’s a challenge to put together programming that they’ll embrace and find useful.
But it is possible. The presenter in How Can I Engage Adjunct Online Faculty in Professional Development? will share strategies in all three areas that will help encourage and empower your adjunct online faculty to invest fully in their development.
The presenter's recommendations in these and other areas will help guide you in creating a robust and successful development program for your online adjuncts. At the conclusion of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Tailor training to the unique needs of your adjuncts
- Devise training schedules that suit them
- Win their support for and participation in your program
You’ll learn how to focus your developmental offerings on the topics that will benefit your adjuncts most; you’ll consider the most effective delivery methods for this far-flung and difficult-to-schedule constituency; and you’ll learn how to provide meaningful incentives for adjuncts to participate in training.
In How Can I Engage Adjunct Online Faculty in Professional Development?, program mentor helps you transform online-adjunct training from an exercise in “cat herding” into an orderly, efficient, and effective process. She highlights three areas where you should focus your efforts: content, timing, and motivation. Among the insights she’ll share:
- How to identify the development needs of a diverse group of adjuncts
- How to determine the kind of training to provide
- How to tailor training to reflect your institutional mission and priorities
- How to deal with the widely divergent schedules of adjuncts
- How to determine whether synchronous or asynchronous training is best
- How to create training programs that take into account a constantly shifting adjunct population
- How to inspire adjuncts who aren’t compensated for development time
- How to make them feel connected to and invested in your training
- How to reward and recognize their participation
Imagine online adjunct faculty who embrace their role as members of your academic community and commit to professional improvement. How Can I Engage Adjunct Online Faculty in Professional Development? will help you make that outcome a reality. Order it today!
Product Code: OM16AA