How Can I Help Students Develop Critical Thinking Skills?
Help for teaching students to develop critical thinking
A meaningful education is measured not by the facts a student accumulates, but by what he or she is able to do with those facts.
Developing critical thinking skills is the real business of higher education— teaching students to:
- Analyze and dissect every idea
- Ruminate about it
- Arrive at thoughtful, informed opinions
We present a wealth of tools and strategies to help you promote critical thinking in this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, How Can I Help Students Develop Critical Thinking Skills?
This fast, focused program will show you how to incorporate active learning components into every aspect of your courses, from lectures to labs, from writing assignments to tests.
During this program you’ll discover:
- Which activities promote active learning … and which don’t
- How to create assignments and exams that reinforce critical thinking
- How rubrics can help you make learning visible
- How to incorporate case studies, role play, brainstorming, journals, interviews and other activities into class time
- How to help students identify and consider the influence of context and writer bias
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Order How Can I Help Students Develop Critical Thinking Skills? now and learn to incorporate active learning components into every aspect of your courses.
Product Code: PM11FA