How Can I Incorporate a Group Poster Session into my Class?
Poster sessions are a common teaching tool for professional meetings and conference presentations.
They can also be an extremely effective group assignment in the classroom environment.
Students learn how to research, create, and explain their poster for a transformative learning experience.
But if you’ve never assigned a group poster session before, you are likely wondering where to start.
In How Can I Incorporate a Group Poster Session Into My Class? you learn how to prepare, assign, and grade a group poster session in your class.
You will be able to guide and direct your students to “learn how to learn” through the process of creating and presenting their group poster.
At the conclusion of How Can I Incorporate a Group Poster Session Into My Class?, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the significant impact of a “doing while learning” academic experience and identify a group poster session as a transformative learning experience.
- Take the provided strategies, planning forms, dos and don’ts, and evaluative forms and/or examples to “tweak” the assignment for your own classroom.
- Actively encourage and prepare undergraduate students to participate as presenters and/or engaged learners in local, state, regional or national poster sessions.
The program presenter gives you all the tools and information you need to incorporate this impactful learning tool into your classroom. You will learn how to:
- Plan and assign a group poster session, regardless of what discipline you teach
- Examine and adapt your teaching strategies to support the group poster session assignment
- Effectively grade a group poster and evaluate the collaboration of the group involvement
- Engage students in a “real” poster session in which they present their posters to you and their peers
Since “doing while learning” enriches students’ academic experience in all disciplines, your colleagues could benefit too. Consider purchasing a Campus Access License, so everyone in your campus community can access this information at their convenience.
How Can I Incorporate a Group Poster Session Into My Class? is helpful across disciplines. Learn how to successfully implement group poster sessions into your classroom. Purchase this program and get the tools and information you need to incorporate this impactful learning tool into your classroom.
Product Code: PM12XA