How Can I Learn Student Names?
Learn techniques to learn student names
Learning and using names is probably the simplest, most direct way for you as a teacher to demonstrate interest in your students.
Learn and use your students’ names and you succeed in building trust, increase teacher-student rapport, and make it more likely that your students will participate in class discussion—all factors that can contribute to student academic success.
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, the presenter discusses the benefits of learning and using students’ names and presents specific techniques that you can implement to help you learn students’ names as well as support the learning of names by everyone in class.
At the conclusion of this program, you will:
- Know how to use a variety of opportunities for learning names, such as giving exams, facilitating group work and handing back student work
- Be able to create a collage on your computer to assist you with learning students’ names
- Be able to use ice breakers and other in-class activities to help students learn each other's names
During this 20 minute program, you will learn:
- Why learning names is critical for a learner-centered classroom
- Techniques for learning names in class
- Techniques for learning names outside of class
Following supplemental materials will be provided:
- Techniques on how to learn names
- Techniques for remembering them
- Links to other additional information
Order How Can I Learn Student Names? today and learn the benefits of learning and using students’ names and present specific techniques to help.
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM09DA