How Do I Design Courses to Enhance Student Veterans' Success?
Learn how to use course design to help student
Military service is a formidable educational experience, according to the program presenter.
In How Do I Design Courses to Enhance Student Veterans' Success?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor session, the presenter shows you how to use course design to help student veterans make the most of it.
In the process, you’ll also learn how to enhance learning for all students.
This program is also available as part of the Student Veteran 4-pack.
After viewing How Do I Design Courses to Enhance Student Veterans' Success?, you will be able to:
- Redesign your courses to support success for student veterans
- Use course design to help student veterans make the most of their strengths
- Adapt everything from course objectives to syllabus design to support student veterans
- Use classroom technology to improve course design and delivery
- Improve educational opportunities for student veterans by implementing the basic Principles of Universal Design
This program covers situational factors, assessment, and learning activities. Drawing on his experience, the presenter also references higher education theory as he guides you through course design and redesign, covering:
- Situational factors – You’ll look at the specifics of your course, such as how many students are veterans and how their military experience links to course content
- Assessment – You’ll see how the military and higher education both emphasize clarity, frequency, and feedback, promoting improvement
- Teaching and learning activities – You’ll discover how using terms such as “course mission” can help student veterans succeed
Supporting student veterans – and all students with differing abilities in specific student populations – is so important; why not help all your campus instructors do it? Purchase the Campus Access License and load the How Do I Design Courses to Enhance Student Veterans’ Success? CD content onto your institution’s internal website so your colleagues can enjoy on-demand access.
Product Code: PM22EA