How Do I Discuss Academic Integrity During the First Class?
How to Handle Student Cheating and Dishonesty
You all have students who cheat in you classroom.
Should your primary response to classroom cheating be:
- Or Indifference?
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, How Do I Discuss Academic Integrity During the First Class?, the presenter explores the recommended option of prevention for dealing with the thorny problem of academic dishonesty as it relates to classroom management. He provides targeted solutions you can use as each semester begins.
At the conclusion of this professional development program, you will:
- Understand why reusing your old exams is a big mistake
- Have effective strategies for discouraging cheating on assignments
- Know the 20-60-20 Theory of cheating
- Appreciate the benefits of classroom honor codes
As part of a developmental approach, you will learn:
- How you can take charge on the very first day of class to develop an appropriate atmosphere of academic integrity for all students and maintain it throughout your entire course
- The single best way for you to promote academic integrity
- The importance of having a clear, strong commitment to classroom ethics
- How effective teachers promote a climate of trust in the classroom
- The role of competency-based learning in preventing cheating
- The relationship between student engagement and academic integrity
11 pages of Supplemental material will be provided including:
- Research on cheating in high school and college
- Research supporting the use of classroom honor codes
- A focus on academic integrity and cultural diversity
- The development of moral qualities
- Perspectives on the breakdown of trust in modern life
- Religious views on honesty and ethics, and more
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institutionís internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Order How Do I Discuss Academic Integrity During the First Class? now and learn how a developmental approach can ensure that all your students stay on the track to ethical academic success.
Product Code: PM10EA