How Do I Prepare a SoTL Article for Publication?
SoTL article manuscript preparation
Faculty and administrators everywhere are growing increasingly interested in turning their scholarly attention toward improving higher education with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, or SoTL.
SoTL is a multidisciplinary endeavor, and the results benefit everyone— students, faculty, and institutions of higher learning.
Everything from math anxiety to inverted classrooms to making your campus welcoming for first-generation college students can be explored through SoTL.
Find out how you can contribute to the growing SoTL market the program presenter shares his extensive experience in promoting excellence in college teaching in How Do I Prepare a SoTL Article for Publication?
After participating in this faculty development session, which moves you from comprehension through application to analysis according to Bloom’s Taxonomy, you’ll be able to:
- Describe how to design and implement a new SoTL project
- Demonstrate how to prepare a SoTL manuscript
- Analyze and avoid the pitfalls that lead to rejection of SoTL manuscripts
Guiding you from topic selection to contacting editors regarding publishing possibilities, he shares insights that are as energizing as they are practical.
Discover how to spot projects appropriate for SoTL, such as:
- A problem or opportunity involving student learning or institutional change
- Innovations to enhance student learning
- Applications for new curriculum, technology, and assessment
- New ways to achieve learning objectives or institutional goals
Although only your department chair can say for certain whether your SoTL project will help you achieve tenure and other career goals, all academics understand the importance of publishing.
We help you find your place in a field that is attracting more and more attention.
Learn tips to help you with completing and publishing your SoTL project, including:
- The one approval you must have before starting your research
- How working with an FLC can support your SoTL project
- The one assessment you should always include in a SoTL project
- How to avoid missteps that keep journals from publishing your manuscript
- Resources for publishing SoTL papers
The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning promises to invigorate teaching and learning on campuses everywhere, enhancing student learning and enhancing faculty effectiveness. SoTL can enhance teaching practices in all educational institutions, from bricks-and-mortar campuses to online education.
The presenter, an authority on SoTL and faculty learning communities, or FLCs, developed this session for busy faculty.
SoTL is a multidisciplinary practice.
Not only can the insights gleaned from such research benefit educators in all fields, but those conducting SoTL can be specialists in various fields or come from a background in education.
How Do I Prepare a SoTL Article for Publication? covers tips to help you publish a SoTL article including how to design a new SoTL project, prepare a SoTL manuscript, and avoid the pitfalls that lead to rejection of SoTL articles. It will guide you from topic selection to contacting editors regarding publishing possibilities. Order today.
Product Code: PM13FA