How Flexible Should I Be With Non-Traditional Students?
Dealing with Non-traditional Student Challenges
- “I want to be in class for the next test, but I need to be at my child’s parent-teacher conference. Can I take the test on Tuesday instead?”
- “I thought I emailed the paper to you! I must have done it wrong…Can I just send it through the regular mail instead?”
- “My mother is in the hospital, and I wasn’t able to finish my paper”
If you have had non-traditional students, you have probably faced these types of situations and more. Non-traditional students are different.
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, the presenter teaches you how to strike the right balance between inflexible and being a pushover when it comes to these specific student populations.
After viewing this program, you will:
- Understand various approaches you can use to help non-traditional students meet and overcome the academic challenges they face
- Better understand how to assist your non-traditional students in a way that supports their growth as students and individuals
- Know how to intervene in responding to “red flags” to ensure that your non-traditional students stay on track with their coursework
- Have an improved awareness of the various campus resources that you can refer non-traditional students to for assistance
In How Flexible Should I Be With Non-Traditional Students?, you will discover:
- The nature of the stress that non-traditional students face day to day
- How to distinguish between helping non-traditional students and enabling them
- How to set standards with non-traditional students that require hard work but that are also flexible
- The importance of making a personal connection with your non-traditional students
The professional development program also includes supplemental materials that feature suggestions, case studies and recommended resources.
Purchase this program today and learn how to strike the right balance between inflexible and being a pushover.
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM09MA