Three Keys to a Strong Start in Online Teaching 3 pack
In an online classroom, the hallmarks of success are the same as those in a traditional one – confident, engaged learners strongly connected to one another and to you, imbued with a spirit of collaboration and trust that makes learning both a priority and a pleasure.
Getting to that point in an online classroom, though, requires you to take a different path and use different tools.
You can learn what those tools are, and how to apply them, in this three-pack of 20-Minute Mentor seminars covering these topics:
- How Can I Build Community in My Online Classes?
- How Do I Create Social Presence in My Online Classes?
- How Can I Earn Swift Trust in My Online Classes?
Each of these content-rich presentations examines a critical facet of classroom success.
In the community-building presentation, you’ll discover useful tips for:
- Building rapport with students
- Welcoming students to your class
- Encouraging “buy-in” for your syllabus and course policies
- Soliciting and honoring student feedback
- Creating spaces in which students can communicate freely
In the video on establishing social presence, you’ll find ideas for:
- Connecting effectively with students even before school starts
- Using video and other media to reveal your personality and teaching style
- Encouraging students to interact and bond with one another
- Devising assignments and classroom policies that promote healthy interdependence
In the program on trust, you’ll gain insights on:
- Quickly establishing trusting relationships with and among students
- Helping students feel they have a voice
- Boosting students’ confidence in their ability to handle course technology and content
- Creating a sense of community and mutual trust through group exercises
- Establishing strong lines of communication and using the right tone
Together, these presentations will provide you with a broad base of knowledge and insight to help you build a strong learning community. Once you’ve viewed them, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate the value of social presence, community, and trust
- Employ relationship-building strategies from the outset of your courses
- Design assignments and assessments that encourage collaboration, build confidence, and strengthen interdependence
- Employ communication tools and tactics best suited to online classrooms
In each presentation, you’ll find a focus on six critical areas for building trust, community, and social presence:
- Online course introductions and follow-up
- Guidelines for communication
- Engagement with course policies and syllabi
- Best practices in assessment and feedback
- Creative and effective uses of multiple media
- Frameworks for free interaction among students
This 20-Minute Mentor three-pack is designed for both new and experienced educators. Those just entering the online classroom will be able to quickly establish a solid framework for student interaction, while veteran teachers will find the presentations a convenient way to stay up to date on the latest methods for community-building and benchmark their current practices.
The best online classrooms function much the way traditional classrooms do – in a spirit of engagement, collaboration, and respect. Achieve that kind of environment in your online classroom: Order Three Keys to a Strong Start in Online Teaching 3 Pack today!
Product Code: QM17LA