What Tools Can I Use to Ensure I Have Effective Coaching Conversations with Faculty?
This program focuses on how to engage in effective coaching conversations with faculty about teaching and learning. It begins with explaining the importance of having clearly defined goals for coaching and the role of effective listening and powerful questions. This mentor illustrates, though a short role play, the use of the 5W Model which is effective in all coaching conversations.
Purchase the What Tools Can I Use to Ensure I Have Effective Coaching Conversations with Faculty? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Nicki Monahan, MEd. In this 20-minute session, you will learn how to have effective coaching conversations with your faculty.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the difference between a coaching and non-coaching conversation
- Identify your own personal barriers to effective listening
- Differentiate between more and less powerful questions
- Engage in coaching conversations using the 5W Model
- Role of a coach
- Barriers to effective listening
- Power of powerful questions
- 5W Model and how it works
This program will benefit:
- Faculty developers
- Directors of teaching and learning centers
- Program directors
- Academic leaders
- Department Chairs
- Associate Deans
Product Code: OM18JD