What Are the Secrets to Providing Highly Effective Feedback to Students?
Want to improve student performance? Give better feedback
The right kind of feedback can have a significant impact on learning. With good feedback, students become more engaged in the coursework, understand their assignments better, and retain more of what they learn.
But what makes good feedback? What are the different types of feedback? What classroom tools can aid feedback?
These are some of the issues addressed in What Are the Secrets to Providing Highly Effective Feedback to Students?, the 20-Minute Mentor from Magna Publications that is available for purchase now.
Dr. John Orlando of Northcentral University leads an energetic, conversational presentation that clearly shows how changing from a grading-based to a teaching-based mentality delivers better results.
Adapting the principles behind “thinking like a sports coach” to the classroom, Dr. Orlando ingeniously breaks down feedback into three different types and explains how and when to deploy each one.
The presentation contains practical examples that illustrate the principles and forms of feedback. You’ll learn ways to give substantive feedback and recycle comments to save time and effort. You’ll see the type of questions that help or hinder student achievement. You’ll acquire tips to ignite students’ curiosity, respect their thinking, and stoke their engagement.
In only 20 minutes, you can master a potent tool that is easy, practical, and rewarding for both educators and students. Buy your video today.
Product Code: QM16FA
Just as sports coaches use different kinds of feedback to improve athletic performance, educators can follow coaches’ lead to bring out the best in their students.
What Are the Secrets to Providing Highly Effective Feedback to Students? will give you a set of ready-to-use tools to steer student progress, efficiently and effectively.
After watching this video, viewers will be able to:
- Identify the principles behind different types of feedback
- Judge when and how to give each type of feedback
- Assess what students don’t know and what they need to know
- Explain the value and importance of particular assignments to improve learning
- Use in-class surveys and peer feedback to boost student retention
- Show students how a subject matter expert analyzes and solves problems
Shifting your feedback strategy to the teaching-based mentality revealed in this presentation can influence and improve student performance throughout the semester. Buy your video today.
Benefits of viewing
Knowing how to deliver quality feedback in a practical learning environment is a key driver of success in student learning, as this video amply demonstrates.
Watch this video, and you will:
- Engage with students on a deep, meaningful level
- Strengthen their understanding and retention of the coursework
- Focus on content and not be distracted by common writing problems
- Help students think more clearly and express themselves better on paper
- See the value of spurring student progress in incremental steps
- Discover how modeling can improve learning
A simple thing like feedback, when given at the right time and in the right way, can be vital to student success and actually make teaching more fulfilling. Buy your video now.