What Is the Role of Communication In Teaching Excellence?
Enhance student learning with effective
It is not enough for you to be an expert in your chosen subject matter. If you want students to truly learn the material, you must go beyond mere lecturing and apply a broad range of communication techniques.
Studies consistently show that classes with the proper communication climate affect performance positively. Students become more motivated and engaged. They interact with the teacher and fellow students in meaningful, impactful, and mutually satisfying ways.
Discover the communication skills that influence student achievement when you view What is the Role of Communication in Teaching Excellence?
The most effective teachers are credible teachers. The content and style of your communication is the most powerful predictor of how credible students consider you.
After viewing this informative 20-minute presentation, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of effective teacher communication behaviors for promoting student learning gains
- Enhance teaching clarity through the use of constructive, relevant examples
- Operationalize communication effectiveness in terms of specific instructional behaviors
- Communicate more effectively in the classroom
- Communicate more effectively in out-of-class interactions with students
- Create a climate that promotes effective student/student interactions
- Draw on examples that illustrate these strategies in large lectures, smaller classes, and even online
In an energetic and conversational presentation, the presenter provides usable, skill-based advice for enhancing student/student and teacher/student exchanges.
You’ll see how to establish a communication climate that facilitates and encourages active learning. You’ll learn prosocial, positive, encouraging ways to address students and spur their confidence. You’ll identify both verbal and nonverbal communication cues to maximize the value of your interactions with students.
The video explores communication methods that build trust with students and reinforce your credibility in their eyes. Every technique and insight is backed up with concrete examples and ready-to-use advice.
What is the Role of Communication in Teaching Excellence? offers you specific strategies for using communication to be more clear, influential, and credible with your students.
By the conclusion of this program, you will understand why it is important that your students view you as approachable—and also how to enhance approachability without sacrificing your boundaries or comfort zones with students.
In just 20 minutes, you will learn:
- The overall role and importance of communication effectiveness
- Models of communicating that affect student learning and behavior positively
- Ways for students to retain critical connections among course concepts
- Tips for building classroom connectedness, and verbal and nonverbal immediacy
- Ways to assert your power and leadership in prosocial ways
- How clarity, credibility, confirmation, and caring are related to learning outcomes in college courses
Best of all, this program will give you skills for observable, exciting results in students' learning and their evaluations of you and your course.
After participating in this program, you will take away tips for communicating that show an authentic sense of caring and appreciation for the value that students bring to the learning environment.
You will also walk away with checklists, discussion questions and guides, and other recommended resources to reinforce the video presentation.
Instructors who are new to this subject matter or possess an intermediate understanding will derive the most benefit.
Communicating with your students exceptionally can have a surprisingly powerful effect on student achievement and teacher evaluations. Sharpen your mastery of this essential skill set and ignite the potential of your students with these research-based skills. Purchase your video right now.
Product Code: PM15IA