Evaluating Online Teaching
Giving your online faculty meaningful evaluations serves your institution, students, and your faculty. This course will help you develop a successful and workable framework for conducting online teaching evaluations.
Summer Enrichment Course
Session 1: June 14 – August 1, 2020
Session 2: August 2 – September 19, 2020
Students aren’t the only ones who need to be accountable in the classroom. It’s essential that instructors perform to the best of their ability to ensure that the students are being effectively served.
With the unique challenges and differences that online teaching presents compared to face-to-face teaching, the evaluation process sure can be tricky. Student engagement, learning outcomes, and classroom presence are just some of the measures of faculty success that require different assessments tools and criteria in the online classroom.
Evaluating Online Teaching can help you put a workable framework for conducting evaluations into a place.
This insight-filled, five-part online course, led by Thomas J. Tobin, PhD, Program Area Director at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will provide guidance in areas such as:
- Selecting the observation methods and evaluation tools appropriate to online teaching
- Identifying and measuring behaviors unique to online teaching
- Constructing informed judgments about formative and summative learning performance
- Gathering different types of student feedback
- Making effective promotion and employment decisions
You can complete this course at your own pace and access it from virtually any device. It’s convenient professional development that’s equally valuable for individual learners and institutional learning communities.
The course comes with a variety of supplemental materials to support the content, including full transcripts, links to online resources, suggested readings, and handouts. You’ll also find a final check on learning that leads to a certificate of completion.
Evaluating Online Teaching will provide the help you need to maintain an effervescent and respected online teaching community dedicated to continuous improvement and upholding the integrity of your online curriculum. Register today!
At the conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the teaching practices unique to online teaching
- State the four categories of interactions online teaching practices fall into
- Name five places to look in learning management systems for evidence of good teaching interactions
- Recognize the difference between what constitutes good-and-not-so-good online teaching
- Use a peer evaluation rubric for evaluating online teaching
- Describe informal online teaching actions and behaviors
How It Works:
- Select your preferred session date.
- Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive an email with information on accessing the online course.
- Participants can work through the course at their own pace. Participants can also review information in a previous unit as well as read supplemental materials and watch the accompanying videos as many times as they like within their selected session date.
- Upon completion of each unit, participants will take an assessment to gauge progress.
- A discussion board brings educators together for an enriching, national conversation about higher education.
- For the duration of the course, participants can use the discussion forum to interact with other participants nationwide and discuss the course content.
- At the end of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Video programs
- Assessments, including a final exam
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Supplemental readings and activities
- Online discussion forum
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Reserve your seat(s) using the order box above. Discount pricing is for multiple seats purchased at the same time:
# of people
1 to 4
$199 per seat
5 to 19
$99 per seat
20 to 39
$79 per seat
For 40 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183.
Session 1 Product Code: OO20ED
Session 2 Product Code: OO20FD