Preparing to Teach Online
It’s essential to have some grounding in online classroom best practices before you take the plunge. Preparing to Teach Online is a course that will put you on a path to success.
Summer Enrichment Course
Session 2: August 2 – September 19, 2020
For online teaching faculty who are about to teach online for the first time, Preparing to Teach Online is a 10-hour curated course that provides you the most solid grounding in best practices for teaching online.
This course can serve as your roadmap for successful entry into the online space. It will empower you to teach confidently and competently from your first day of class, and help you drive the kind of learning outcomes you want for your students.
After completing Preparing to Teach Online, educators will:
- Understand how to incorporate basic instructional design to assist with online learning
- Know how to design assignments specifically for online learners
- Learn to create a lively online classroom with instructor presence
- Understand how to quickly and effectively engage students
- Master how to communicate with online learners
- Design and facilitate online discussions
- Learn to add interactivity to an online course
- Be able to use technology to assist with feedback
- More effectively manage teaching time
You can complete this course at your own pace and access it from virtually any device. It’s convenient professional development that’s equally valuable for individual learners and institutional learning communities.
The course comes with a variety of supplemental materials to support the content, including full transcripts, links to online resources, suggested readings, and handouts. You’ll also find a final check on learning that leads to a certificate of completion.
Preparing to Teach Online is a must for faculty who are new to online teaching and who are beginning to plan and design their course.
Get some best practices before you take the plunge into online teaching!
At the conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Plan and design your online courses
- Create a positive and active learning environment
- Develop online tools to enhance content delivery, measure learning, and provide feedback
- Right-size your time commitments to the course
How It Works:
- Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive an email with information on accessing the online course.
- Participants can work through the course at their own pace. Participants can also review information in a previous unit as well as read supplemental materials and watch the accompanying videos as many times as they like within their selected session date.
- Upon completion of each unit, participants will take an assessment to gauge progress.
- A discussion board brings educators together for an enriching, national conversation about higher education.
- For the duration of the course, participants can use the discussion forum to interact with other participants nationwide and discuss the course content.
- At the end of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Video programs
- Assessments, including a final exam
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Supplemental readings and activities
- Online discussion forum
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Reserve your seat(s) using the order box above. Discount pricing is for multiple seats purchased at the same time:
# of people
1 to 4
$199 per seat
5 to 19
$99 per seat
20 to 39
$79 per seat
For 40 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183.
Session 2 Product Code: QO20JA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart