NEW FROM MAGNA
Take Note: Strategies to Develop Student Note-Taking Skills
Take a deep dive into the strategies you can use to make students better note-takers. Complete Take Note: Strategies to Develop Student Note-Taking Skills, and you’ll have the knowledge and tools to make a real impact on class preparation, exam performance, and student satisfaction!
Winter Enrichment Course
COURSE DATE: November 22, 2020 – January 16, 2021
When it comes to taking notes, many students may just ask “Why bother?”
Well, there are actually many different answers to this question, filled with the beneficial results of note taking.
First things first, notes are an essential part of preparation for exams and term papers. Also, note-taking improves process-oriented skills like listening – important to success in any endeavor. Plus, students will discover that note taking has benefits to last a lifetime.
Simply put, note-taking is an important skill by any standard. What’s more, it’s one that can be taught – and Take Note: Strategies to Develop Student Note-Taking Skills will show you how.
Presented by Maryellen Weimer, PhD, longtime editor of The Teaching Professor, this course takes a deep dive into the many strategies you can use to make students better and more efficient note-takers. Once you complete this course, you’ll have the knowledge and tools to make a real impact on class preparation, exam performance, and student satisfaction!
With an emphasis on research-based, classroom-tested best practices, the course shares valuable insights on:
- Why you must resist the urge to provide notes to students
- How to convince skeptical students of the value of note taking
- How simple exercises can help you correct poor note-taking habits
- How properly crafted exams can help drive better note-taking
- How to improve note taking in lectures and classroom discussions
- How to improve students’ note taking in assigned readings
This course can be completed at any pace and accessed from virtually any device. It’s convenient professional development that’s equally valuable for individual learners and institutional learning communities. Furthermore, you’ll receive a variety of supplemental materials to support the content, including full transcripts, links to online resources, suggested readings, and handouts. You’ll also find a final check on learning that leads to a certificate of completion.
How It Works:
- Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive an email with information on accessing the online course
- Participants can work through the course at their own pace. Participants can also review information in a previous unit as well as read supplemental materials and watch the accompanying videos as many times as they like within their selected session date
- Upon completion of each unit, participants will take an assessment to gauge progress
- At the end of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion
- Video programs
- Assessments, including a final exam
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Supplemental readings and activities
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Reserve your seat(s) using the order box above. Discount pricing is for multiple seats purchased at the same time:
# of people
1 to 4
$199 per seat
5 to 19
$99 per seat
20 to 39
$79 per seat
For 40 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at email@example.com or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183.
Product Code: PO20CA