MAGNA ONLINE COURSES
Magna Online courses
Test for David
Academic leaders perform so many crucial tasks that new leaders can feel unprepared for their role. This Magna Online Course covers the essential areas of leadership, program assessment, and faculty development so that you can feel confident and fully prepared for your position.
|Group Enrollment Pricing|
|2–9 people||$139 per person|
|10-49 people||$109 per person|
|50–99 people||$89 per person|
Summer Enrichment Session 1
June 12, 2023 – July 28, 2023
Summer Enrichment Session 2
July 31, 2023 – September 15, 2023
Winter Enrichment Session
December 11, 2023 – January 19, 2024
The path to academic leadership can be difficult and the expectations often exceed the preparation. Fortunately, you don’t have to go it alone.
Academic Leadership Essentials brings together experienced academic leaders ready to share their best practices for:
- Leading an academic unit
- Evaluating and assessing academic programs and faculty
- Mentoring and coaching the faculty you work with
This 8.5 hour Magna Online Course is your go-to resource to learn from trusted professionals and become more prepared for your ever-evolving position. You’ll gain valuable insight into the nuances of leadership in an academic department. Each unit of this course features a variety of short programs that cover crucial topics to prepare you for the work ahead.
Hit the ground running and benefit from practical and proven advice from leaders who have been in your shoes. Academic Leadership Essentials will spark innovative ideas for you to implement right away in your own position. Put experts in your corner now and become the leader you’ve always wanted to be!
At the conclusion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain how communication, collaboration, coordination, cooperation, and compliance help college leaders become more successful
- Identify behaviors, actions, and concepts associated with servant leadership and toxic leadership
- Recognize the challenges to department-driven assessment and explore solutions
- Explore questions to prepare for crafting or revising student learning outcomes
- Examine the steps needed to help organize raw data into useful information and actionable steps
- Recognize how to monitor the improvement process to close the assessment loop
- Implement strategies that nurture more closely aligned definitions of rigor and enhance the quality of course evaluations, promote learning, and increase retention
- Identify weaknesses in your institution’s faculty evaluation process and leverage resources to strengthen the process
- Define the SOAR (strengths, opportunities, aspirations, results) method, why it works, and how to apply it to your faculty development program
- Involve stakeholders in the faculty development program planning and execution process
- Appreciate how mentoring and coaching can be used at various stages of a faculty career
How It Works:
- Select your desired session date.
- Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive an email with information on accessing the online course.
- Access to the course runs according to your selected session date.
- Participants can work through the course at their own pace. Participants can also review information in a previous unit as well as read supplemental materials and watch the accompanying videos as many times as they like within their selected session date.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will take an assessment to gauge learning.
- At the end of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Video programs
- A final assessment
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Supplemental readings and activities
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Discount pricing is available for multiple seats purchased at the same time.
For 10 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at email@example.com or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183 to receive a customized quote.
Summer Enrichment Session 1 Product Code: OO23DD
Summer Enrichment Session 2 Product Code: OO23ED
Winter Enrichment Session Product Code: OO23ID
Meet Your Presenters
Ken Alford, PhD
Professor of Church History and Doctrine, Brigham Young University
Stephanie Delaney, PhD
Vice President of Instruction, Renton Technical College
Stephanie Hinshaw, EdD
Executive Director, Butler University
Jessica Lewis, MS, EdD
Assistant Professor and Assessment Coordinator, Marymount University
Nicki Monahan, MEd
Faculty Facilitator and Coach, George Brown College
Lolita Paff, PhD
Associate Professor of Business and Economics, Penn State Berks
Assistant Provost for Student Success and Special Initiatives, Alabama State University
Ken Ryalls, PhD
Professor and Vice President, Mercy College
Assistant Teaching Professor, Northeastern University
Shantell Strickland-Davis, PhD
Executive Director, Central Piedmont Community College
Assistant Dean for Distance Learning, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University
Rosemary Tyrell, EdD
Director of Faculty Development, University of California Riverside School of Medicine
|Group Enrollment Pricing|
|2-9 people||$139 per person|
|10-49 people||$109 per person|
|50-99 people||$89 per person|
Magna Online Courses
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart