MAGNA ONLINE COURSES
A Vision, A Goal, A Plan: A Framework for Inclusive and Effective Teaching
This virtual workshop provides faculty the necessary time and guidance to define student success for their students and what exact steps to take to make that vision a reality – all determined by a proven method of seven effective teaching methods.
Asynchronous access opens Sunday, May 14, 2023 and
concludes with live session on Friday, May 19, 2023 —12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central
Do your current teaching practices align with your vision for student learning?
The bottom line: What IS your vision for your students?
A Vision, A Goal, A Plan: A Framework for Inclusive and Effective Teaching is a two-part virtual workshop that will guide you through a process of:
- determining what you value as an educator,
- determining what you most want for your students,
- and connecting this vision to the research-based Teaching Effectiveness Framework.
You will leave the workshop with a personalized action plan of research-based teaching practices to connect your vision with your students’ learning!
Developed at The Institute of Learning and Teaching at Colorado State University, the Teaching Effectiveness Framework is comprised of seven essential, interrelated domains of effective teaching practices—for face-to-face and online instruction—each grounded in the scholarship of teaching and learning. The framework includes:
- leveled criteria within each domain,
- a goal-setting process,
- a collection of teaching practices to improve student learning,
- and materials for instructors and administrators to measure growth in teaching effectiveness.
How Does This Virtual Workshop Work?
- The virtual workshop opens its asynchronous online access on Sunday, May 14 and concludes with a live 90-minute Zoom session with your presenters and fellow participants the following Friday, May 19 from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central.
- Once asynchronous online access opens, you will complete workshop materials in preparation for the live session.
- Virtual, synchronous learning then gives you time to interact, learn, and ask questions of the presenter and other participants in a live setting to conclude the workshop.
- Attendance for each session is limited to the first 30 registrants to provide the most effective coaching experience possible.
- A certificate of completion is awarded after completing the workshop.
Upon completion of this virtual workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Identify your teaching strength related to a Teaching Effectiveness Framework domain
- Analyze how your teaching practices align with your vision for student learning
- Create a personalized action plan of research-based teaching practices to incorporate into your teaching
- Recognize the benefits of the seven Teaching Effectiveness Framework domains, their independence, interdependence, and how inclusive pedagogy is foundational to being an effective teacher
Why You Don’t Want to Miss This!
Teaching is complex and multi-faceted:
- Sorting through myriad teaching resources, strategies, and peer-reviewed research is time consuming and overwhelming.
- Higher education faculty receive little to no training in teaching or the science of learning.
- It’s easy to fall back into teaching the way we were taught.
The Teaching Effectiveness Framework provides a set of research-based teaching practices that are easy to access and implement that give faculty a concrete and manageable starting place.
Many faculty have never thought about exactly what they want for students or asked themselves “What does success look like for my students?“
This virtual workshop provides the necessary time and guidance to determine what student success looks like for their students and what steps to take to make their vision a reality:
- Instructors will identify their vision for their students and focus their energy on developing teaching techniques in a single domain of the Teaching Effectiveness Framework that aligns with their vision.
- By choosing one domain that aligns with their vision for students, faculty set goals and determine metrics for success in that domain. The interdependence of the Teaching Effectiveness Framework domains allows for concurrent improvement in other domains.
- Teaching vision
- Teaching strength
- Research-based teaching
- Teaching Effectiveness Framework
- Inclusive pedagogy
- Student success
Who Should Attend?
- Instructional designers
- Educational developers
- Teaching and learning center staff
What Your Peers Are Saying About This Workshop:
“Excellent answers and pointers provided by the presenters.”
– Nawar Hakeem, Ryerson University
“The workshop was carefully designed and well presented. Obviously, a lot of work has been put into developing the TEF (Teaching Effectiveness Framework).”
– 2022 Session Attendee
“The presenters did a great job facilitating the workshop. They were very knowledgeable and approachable/friendly. The workshop was very conversional and collaborative. Time well spent! :)”
– 2022 Session Attendee
Interested in Hosting This Workshop for Your Campus?
You have the ability to make this a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop! With a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop, you: pick the date that best works for you and your group, take advantage of a special discount you can’t get anywhere else, and bring top-ranked instructors directly to your group in a live atmosphere. Find out how you can have your own Campus Exclusive virtual workshop scheduled in a closed group for a minimum of 20 of your faculty or staff!
I want a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop!
Spring Offering Product Code: PW23BA
Meet Your Presenter
|Group Enrollment Pricing|
|1 person||$389 per person|
|2-4 people||$349 per person|
|5-9 people||$329 per person|
|10-19 people||$299 per person|
|20-24 people||$269 per person|
|25-29 people||$249 per person|
|30+ people||$229 per person|
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart