A Vision, A Goal, A Plan: A Framework for Inclusive and Effective Teaching
This virtual workshop provides faculty the necessary time and guidance to determine what student success looks like for their students and what exact steps to take to make their vision a reality – all determined by a proven method of seven effective teaching methods.
Pick an option that best works for your schedule!
Asynchronous access opens Sunday, February 5, 2023 and
concludes with live session on Friday, February 10, 2023 —12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central
Asynchronous access opens Sunday, May 14, 2023 and
concludes with live session on Friday, May 19, 2023 —12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central
Do your current teaching practices align with your vision for students?
The bottom line: What IS your vision for your students?
A Vision, A Goal, A Plan: A Framework for Inclusive and Effective Teaching is virtual workshop that will guide you through a process of:
- determining what you value as an educator,
- determining what you most want for your students,
- and connecting this vision to the research-based Teaching Effectiveness Framework.
You will leave the workshop with a personalized action plan of research-based teaching practices so that your vision for students can become reality!
Developed at The Institute of Learning and Teaching at Colorado State University, the Teaching Effectiveness Framework is comprised of seven essential, interrelated domains of effective teaching practices—for face-to-face and online instruction—each grounded in the scholarship of teaching and learning. The framework includes:
- leveled criteria within each domain,
- a goal-setting process,
- a collection of teaching practices to improve student learning,
- and materials for instructors and administrators to measure growth in teaching effectiveness.
How Does This Virtual Workshop Work?
- The virtual workshop opens its asynchronous online access on the corresponding start date and concludes with a live 90-minute Zoom session with your presenters and fellow participants the following Friday. The two offerings allow you to choose the dates that best work for your schedule.
- Winter Offering: Online access begins Sunday, February 5 and concludes with live session on Friday, February 10 from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central.
- Spring Offering: Online access begins Sunday, May 14 and concludes with live session on Friday, May 19 from 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Central.
- Once asynchronous online access opens, the participant will complete workshop materials assigned to them by the presenters in preparation for the live session.
- Virtual, synchronous learning then gives you time to interact, learn, and ask questions of the presenter and other participants in a live setting to conclude the workshop.
- Attendance for each session is limited to the first 30 registrants to provide the most effective coaching experience possible.
Upon completion of this virtual workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of the seven Teaching Effectiveness Framework domains, their independence, interdependence, and how inclusive pedagogy is foundational to being an effective teacher
- Identify your teaching strength related to a Teaching Effectiveness Framework domain
- Analyze how your current teaching practices align with your vision for students
- Create a personalized action plan of research-based teaching practices to incorporate into your teaching
- Teaching vision
- Teaching strength
- Research-based teaching
- Teaching Effectiveness Framework
- Inclusive pedagogy
- Student success
Who Should Attend?
- Instructional designers
- Educational developers
- Teaching and learning center staff
“The presenters did a great job facilitating the workshop. They were very knowledgeable and approachable/friendly. The workshop was very conversional and collaborative. Time well spent! :)”
“The workshop was carefully designed and well presented. Obviously, a lot of work has been put into developing the TEF (Teaching Effectiveness Framework).”
Interested in Hosting This Workshop for Your Campus?
You have the ability to make this a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop! With a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop, you: pick the date that best works for you and your group, take advantage of a special discount you can’t get anywhere else, and bring top-ranked instructors directly to your group in a live atmosphere. Find out how you can have your own Campus Exclusive virtual workshop scheduled in a closed group for a minimum of 20 of your faculty or staff!
Winter Offering Product Code: PW23AA
Spring Offering Product Code: PW23BA
Meet Your Presenter
|Group Enrollment Pricing|
|1 person||$389 per person|
|2-4 people||$349 per person|
|5-9 people||$329 per person|
|10-19 people||$299 per person|
|20-24 people||$269 per person|
|25-29 people||$249 per person|
|30+ people||$229 per person|
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart