MAGNA ONLINE COURSES
Faculty (Re)Engagement Institute
For those in faculty development who are experiencing faculty withdrawal or isolation from the campus community, this two-part live virtual workshop provides evidence-based solutions from the Journal of Faculty Development to ten common barriers of engagement.
Thursday, June 15 & Friday, June 16, 2023—9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central
Thursday, August 24 & Friday, August 25, 2023—9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central
Thursday, October 26 & Friday, October 27, 2023—9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central
Thursday, January 18 & Friday, January 19, 2024—9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central
Have you seen a steady decline in faculty engagement over the last two years? You aren’t alone in answering “yes”. As we move beyond the pandemic, it’s time to reengage faculty and reestablish, rebuild, and restrengthen the longstanding connections they have had to their institutions beyond their students and classrooms.
In this live two-part virtual workshop, your presenters, Russell Carpenter, Eastern Kentucky University and Kevin Dvorak, Nova Southeastern University, will examine ten barriers to engagement and offers numerous evidence-based solutions to overcome them that you can try in your own programs.
How Does This Virtual Workshop Work?
- This virtual workshop takes place in two 3-hour Zoom sessions with your presenters and fellow registrants. Multiple offerings are available so you can choose what works best for you and your schedule!
- Attendance is limited to the first 48 registrants to provide the most effective coaching experience possible.
- Virtual, synchronous learning gives you time to interact, learn, and ask questions of the presenter and other participants.
- The two-part presentation allows for reflection and application of workshop materials between sessions.
- A certificate of completion is awarded after completing the workshop.
Upon completion of this virtual workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the ten barriers to faculty engagement
- Discover multiple evidence-based methods to overcome the ten barriers to engagement
- Apply proven strategies to reengage faculty who may be facing one or more of the ten barriers to engagement
Why You Don’t Want to Miss This!
Building on the Journal of Faculty Development’s September 2022 special section on Faculty (Re)Engagement, this live two-part virtual workshop focuses on the challenges of faculty engagement amid disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The presenters, Russell Carpenter, editor in chief and Kevin Dvorak, senior editor of the Journal of Faculty Development, invite faculty developers to share strategies for (re)engaging faculty—for reestablishing, rebuilding, and restrengthening the connections faculty have long had to their institutions beyond their students and classrooms.
- Part I – The institute will begin by setting the context for the challenges associated with faculty (re)engagement amid pandemic and post-pandemic academic environments. Bringing diverse perspectives, panelists will focus on the ten barriers identified to faculty (re)engagement including mental exhaustion; stress and trauma; increased teaching workload; balancing flexibility with learning; disparate effects (and vulnerability); varying institutional response, support, or resources; changing technology; managing responsibilities that span personal and professional (health, home, and family); accessibility; and inclusion.
- Part II – Panelists and participants will offer evidence-based solutions to faculty (re)engagement based on research, effective program or initiative design, or successful practices they have developed on their own campuses. Participants will be encouraged to share their perspectives and ideas.
Who Should Attend?
- Educational Developers
- Faculty Developers
- Department Chairs
What Your Peers Are Saying About This Workshop:
“Such an enjoyable workshop. Good to know we are not alone regarding this subject!”
– Dr. Heather M. Brown, Instructional Designer, Tidewater Community College
“I learned a lot! Expanded my thinking of the topic but also can’t address everything if my institution isn’t make faculty engagement a priority. Gave me a lot to think about and where I can help move the needle.”
– 2023 Winter Session Attendee
“The matrix was really helpful, and helped me come up with some ideas and solutions I wouldn’t have otherwise. It was also really great to get to exchange ideas and learn some strategies that have already worked well from Russell.”
– 2023 Winter Session Attendee
Interested in Hosting This Workshop for Your Campus?
You have the ability to make this a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop! With a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop, you: pick the date that best works for you and your group, take advantage of a special discount you can’t get anywhere else, and bring top-ranked instructors directly to your group in a live atmosphere. Find out how you can have your own Campus Exclusive virtual workshop scheduled in a closed group for a minimum of 20 of your faculty or staff!
I want a Campus Exclusive virtual workshop!
Spring Offering Product Code: OW23BD
Summer Offering Product Code: OW23ED
Fall Offering Product Code: OW23FD
Winter Offering Product Code: OW24AD
Meet Your Presenter
|Group Enrollment Pricing|
|1 person||$389 per person|
|2-4 people||$349 per person|
|5-9 people||$329 per person|
|10-19 people||$299 per person|
|20-24 people||$269 per person|
|25-29 people||$249 per person|
|30+ people||$229 per person|
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
Magna Digital Library Group Subscription
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
Monday Morning Mentor
- Add to cart