Beyond Course Design: Planning for Successful Facilitation
$297.00 – $497.00
The curriculum for your online course is finished, but a strong curriculum is only half of the equation. To be successful in online education, you must also pay attention to the manner in which your course is facilitated. We introduce you to Assessing Online Facilitation (AOF) and the carefully-researched structure that makes it such a valuable self assessment and peer evaluation tool.
Online education is mainstream as the demand for online education is outpacing demand for traditional classroom education.
Results released in “Staying the Course: Online Education in the United States, 2008” found a 12.9% growth rate for online enrollments exceeding the 1.2% growth of the overall higher education student population…demonstrating no signs of slowing.
In this brave new world of online instruction, smart universities are focused on quality.
After all, you want your online offerings to enhance—not undermine—your university’s reputation.
But building or re-working your curriculum is only half the battle. You must also ensure that your online courses are facilitated successfully.
In this 90-minute seminar, you’ll be introduced to the Assessing Online Facilitation (AOF) and the carefully-researched structure that makes it such a valuable self assessment and peer evaluation tool. With a full set of checklists and handouts, you’ll receive all the materials you need to implement the AOF.
During this seminar you’ll learn:
- The key criteria that influence student satisfaction and learning
- How to meet these criteria in an online (as opposed to face-to-face) environment
- The different roles of an online facilitator
- Specific techniques that improve online teaching effectiveness
- Valuable tips for structuring successful repeated facilitation (You get this form as a handout!)
- How to guide peer evaluation of facilitator performance in the online classroom
Who will benefit from this seminar?
- Instructional Designers
- Distance Education Managers
- Faculty Development Team
- Faculty Evaluation Team Members
- Department Leadership
Order Beyond Course Design: Planning for Successful Facilitation today.
Product Code: QC10AA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart