Five Strategies to Engage Today’s Students
$297.00 – $497.00
Whether they’re called Generation Y, Millennial learners or NextGen learners, today’s students bring unique perceptions and preferences to campuses and classrooms across the country. Learn research-based insights on the key traits of today’s students to help you create more effective teaching and learning experiences through enhanced student engagement.
Learn New Insights into Student Engagement
Whether they’re called Generation Y, Millennial learners or NextGen learners, today’s students bring unique perceptions and preferences to campuses and classrooms across the country.
Learn how you can better meet their needs with this 90-minute online seminar.
The presenter shares research-based insights on the key traits of today’s students, to help you create more effective teaching and learning experiences through enhanced student engagement.
After viewing this professional development seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize characteristics of NextGen learners and how they affect learning
- Identify environments supporting effective teaching and learning for today’s students
- Compare learning environments at your institution with what works for NextGen learners
- Examine your assignments and assessments in light of Millennial learners preferences
- Assess your ability to connect with today’s students.
Drawing from educational psychology, the seminar shows how to connect with Millennial learners through a system of the five Rs. Courses should employ:
Relevant learning for today’s students
Research-based approaches to instruction
Rationales for course outcomes, policies and assessments
Relaxed and participatory learning environments
Relational opportunities and rapport with professors.
You’ll get materials to keep the momentum going after the seminar, including:
- Sample documents
- Self-assessment questions
- Further discussion questions
- Blank worksheets
- Additional resources
- The Discussion Guide for Facilitators to help you implement what you learn.
This intermediate-level seminar is perfect for instructors and professors who want to reach out to Millennial learners. Student support services professionals and administrators can use this seminar to increase student engagement.
Order this valuable program today.
Product Code: PC11TA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart