Magna On-Demand Seminars
Identifying and Eliminating Common Administrative Barriers for Transgender Students
This Magna Online Seminar empowers higher education professionals to use administrative tools and institutional resources to provide proactive, rather than simply reactive, support for transgender and gender diverse students in a collegiate setting.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
In this Magna Online Seminar, you will learn about the variety of administrative barriers facing transgender students at colleges and universities across the country.
Examples of some barriers that will be discussed include the following: obtaining name changes on ID cards and administrative forms, navigating various online systems that retain and re-populate student demographic information, ensuring the correct and inclusive use of names and pronouns in the classroom, and accessing comprehensive and inclusive campus healthcare options.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify common administrative barriers for transgender students in a collegiate setting
- Determine how to find solutions to eliminate these barriers
- Obtain skills to support and affirm transgender students throughout this process
- Understand how to anticipate ongoing challenges for transgender students
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Obtaining name changes on ID cards and administrative forms
- Navigating various online systems that retain and re-populate student demographic information
- Ensuring the correct and inclusive use of names and pronouns in the classroom
- Accessing comprehensive and inclusive campus healthcare options
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Student Affairs
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Student Health Services
- Information Technology Services
- Title IX Office
- Residential Life
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: OC19AD