Magna On-Demand Seminars
Overcoming STEM Challenges When Designing Curriculum and Online Delivery
It’s quite evident that improving retention and degree completion are complex tasks that involve the entire university structure. STEM education adds a layer of complexity that can be challenging when curriculum design and delivery modalities are changing toward an online system. This Magna Online Seminar will provide actionable advice on how to meet students’ interest in flexible learning options without compromising course quality or students’ achievement of mastering learning objectives.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Evaluate your opportunities to contribute in today’s learners’ higher education expectations
- Analyze existing curricula and identify additional paths for improvement
- Create a comprehensive plan of actions to increase students’ motivation and positively impact course completions and retention
Who should attend?
- Curriculum directors and developers
- Math instructors for remedial courses in colleges and universities
- Math instructors in community and technical colleges
- High school teachers of Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and honors math classes
- Academic leadership responsible for increasing course completion and graduate rates
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Declining numbers of traditional-age high school graduates, changing student demographics, and declining program completion are creating an environment of uncertainty in higher education. More than ever, it is crucial for educators to understand what current and prospective students want and need in order to increase retention and encourage degree completion. Several years of data collection revealed that students are looking for flexibility in course scheduling and structure as well as clarity in course content and delivery.
Our presenter will document how her course redesign, along with converting traditional face-to-face technical mathematics courses to an online or hybrid delivery mode, were implemented to ensure accessibility and the achievement of learning objectives as well as lessons learned from students’ reaction to online delivery mode and the resulting changes to the course design.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Varying course delivery options, such as providing online and hybrid sections, is responsive to modern students’ need for flexibility—yet teaching STEM subjects in this modality can be challenging. Math courses have been called “bottlenecks” for students’ progress towards degree completion. Student retention and course completion begin at the foundation of the educational pyramid: individual programs, departments, and advising. What can teachers do to impact student success?
Faculty will gain practical insight into redesigning technical mathematics courses into online or hybrid delivery in order to improve accessibility without compromising the achievement of learning objectives. While completion and graduation rates are a global concern for institutions and administration, faculty and department leadership will learn how to make contributions from the “bottom up.”
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC20IA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- Add to cart