Learner-Centered Teaching – Where Should I Start?
$49.00 – $199.00
With learner-centered teaching, students take more responsibility for their learning. It’s an approach that focuses a teacher’s attention on what students are doing and deals with learning processes explicitly. We share three strategies to demonstrate approaches that can benefit students and teachers.
Learner-Centered Teaching—Where Should I Start?
With learner-centered teaching, students take more responsibility for their learning.
It’s an approach that focuses a teacher’s attention on what students are doing and deals with learning processes explicitly.
However, the challenge for many faculty in attempting this approach is the simple fact that many students come to class so poorly prepared to learn.
As a result, faculty have a difficult time imagining students being any more responsible for their learning than they already are.
The good news, though, is that learner-centered teaching offers simple, straightforward activities that provide teachers with a low-risk way to get started with this approach.
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, the presenter shares and explains in detail three specific strategies demonstrating how learner-centered approaches can benefit teachers and students.
At the conclusion of this teaching-strategies program, you’ll be able to:
- Co-create a climate for learner-centered teaching in your classroom with a variety of motivational and creative learning activities
- Let students summarize to increase their learning
- Use lessons from the first exam to increase understanding
During this 20 minute professional development program, you will learn:
- Concrete activities for implementing learner-centered teaching
- Low-risk activities that provide you with a starting point in adopting the learner-centered teaching approach
- Activities for your students who tend to be more dependent than independent as learners
The program also includes supplemental materials that feature iterations of the strategies plus a list of resources for first-time users of learner-centered strategies.
Order Learner-Centered Teaching – Where Should I Start? today and learn three strategies to demonstrate approaches that can benefit students and teachers.
Product Code: PM09PA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart