Universal Design 4-pack
$299.00 – $400.00
This package was developed to help you give all students equitable opportunity to engage with your course content, participate in course activities, and demonstrate their knowledge. With this broad flow, and the conceptual and practical nature of each program, its perfect for new faculty or those designing new courses.
Give all students equitable opportunity to engage with
your course content
More than one out of 10 students in higher education have a disability of some sort.
Are you doing everything you can to remove their barriers to learning?
Find out how straightforward it is to make your courses accessible with the Universal Design 4-pack, a series of four Magna 20-Minute Mentors developed to help you provide all your students with an equitable opportunity to learn.
Accessibility is at the core of what higher education is all about. Its too important to be an add-on or an also-ran and too central to the inherent values of educators to be overlooked. The Universal Design 4-pack will help you meet your responsibility to provide equitable opportunity to all students, from course design through assessment. These programs are included:
- How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible?
Explores a conceptual and practical approach to working with students with disabilities
- How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive?
Is designed to help you give all your students an equitable opportunity to engage actively with your course
- How Can Backward Design Make My Courses More Accessible?
Describes and demonstrates a process for reducing barriers to learning in your assignments
- How Can I Make My Exams Accessible?
Will show you how considering accessibility from the start can enhance your assessment practices for all students
Through a series of sessions formatted to accommodate even the busiest of schedules, the Universal Design 4-pack will show you a thinking process designed to lead you in a more accessible direction.
These concise programs will take you all the way from comprehension to evaluation. After participating in these sessions, youll be able to:
- Examine course content delivery formats for potential barriers to learning
- Formulate alternative, more accessible methods for presentation and acquisition of information, including print, electronic, and classroom formats
- Employ backward design to develop accessible assignments
- Design alternative methods for demonstration of learning
- Formulate appropriate ways to discuss accommodations with a student who has disabilities
- Demonstrate practical techniques to remove barriers to learning
- Use learning goal criteria when designing exams
- Analyze assessment situations
- Devise more accessible exams in terms of format, language, and testing time
You know its your responsibility to make reasonable accommodations for students who need them, but this package of practice-based videos will show you how to avoid time-consuming retrofitting and be an inclusive educator from the start.
Questioning your assumptions is the key. We all carry with us preconceived notions about how students acquire and interact with information, participate in class, and demonstrate their learning.
Youll also discover how addressing accessibility concerns will improve your course for all students, whether they have a disability or not.
Magna 20-Minute Mentors are designed by and for educators who dont have time to waste. All four sessions run just 20 minutes and are jam-packed with solid thinking and action items. To further speed implementation of your new knowledge, youll also receive:
- Lists of dos and donts
- Recommended resources
- Examples of the backward design process
Whatever kind of institution you work in, accessibility issues should matter to you.
The Universal Design 4-pack was developed to help you give all students equitable opportunity to engage with your course content, participate in course activities, and demonstrate their knowledge. With this broad flow, and the conceptual and practical nature of each program, its perfect for new faculty or those designing new courses.
Purchase this extraordinary educational value today, to start improving accessibility for all students tomorrow!
Product Code: PM00KA