10 Steps to a Successful Service Learning Program
Service Learning Theory and Practice
Service-learning is a popular pedagogical option in many disciplines, but doing it right requires extensive preparation.
You want your service-learning program to offer a rigorous academic experience for your students while also genuinely benefiting your community partner.
This 40-page Magna white paper explores ten essential elements that will contribute to the success of your service-learning program. Some essentials include:
- Knowing your campus’ history
- Creating a vision of success
- Developing a culture of evidence
- Watching for the devil in the details
- Recognizing and celebrating success
Using concrete examples of practices that work well, as well as those that do not, the white paper explores each of the ten essentials in both theoretical and practical terms.
In this exclusive Magna white paper, you will learn:
- Why you should aim high but not try to do it all
- How to leverage your financial support
- How to collect the right data to prove your success
- What you can do to steer clear of the “dark side” of service-learning
- How to pick the right organizational location and structure
- Why you need to identify both your allies and your detractors
- How to partner with the community so that all parties benefit
This white paper also includes a Q&A section and resources to get you started.
Useful for all college/university professionals with a stake in service-learning, including:
- Instructional designers and technologists
- Provosts, deans and department chairs supervising service-learning
- Directors of student affairs
- Campus ministry professionals
- Campus outreach and town-gown service directors
Order this Magna white paper today and learn essential elements that will contribute to the success of your service-learning program.
Product Code: LD11GC LW11GC