23 Practical Strategies to Help New Teachers Thrive
Practical Strategies for Lasting Classroom Success
As a new college instructor, you have many questions:
- How do I write a strong syllabus, then stick with it in the classroom?
- How do I strike the right balance between high-stakes and low-stakes assignments?
- What is the best way to start and end each class?
- How can I manage my students and my workload so I can stay enthusiastic for years to come?
If you are a new college teacher, it is best to learn from those who have been there.
Discover the tips and techniques that have proven successful for experienced faculty and explore how to use these in your own classes.
This 45-page white paper takes a step-by-step look at some of the teaching strategies used by successful college teachers, with examples and take-aways for your own classroom.
In this exclusive Magna White Paper, you will learn a number of teaching strategies:
- An introduction to foundational theory of pedagogy
- How you need to write an effective syllabus
- How to write learning goals
- How to pace your course
- Metaphors for viewing your own role in the classroom
- How to structure assignments
- Tips for classroom pacing
- How to grade efficiently
- How you can keep students interested and involved
- How to protect your own “off-time”
- Ways to deal with compromise in the classroom
- Who you need to go to for help
- How you can stay active and enthused for an entire career
This newly-released white paper also include lists of resources for future reading and study, as well as a sample syllabus to use as a model.
This white paper is written for new college instructors, as well as experienced ones, including:
- New instructors
- Experienced instructors looking for new approaches
- Deans and department chairs supervising new faculty
The Magna Publications White Papers are dedicated to helping college professionals confront the most challenging issues at the forefront of higher education practice. We strive to bring readers essential, valuable content on the topics of greatest interest and value to colleges and universities.
College teaching can be a long and rewarding career. This white paper will help you address the challenge of the classroom and remain effective and enthusiastic for years to come. Place your order today.
Product Code: PD11AA