Magna Teaching with Technology Conference
The use of technology in higher educationits an ever-changing and at times challenging landscape to navigate. How are you staying on top of all the latest trends and advancements and making sure theyre relevant to your teaching practice?
Register today for the 2018 Magna Teaching with Technology Conference, held October 57 in St. Louis, Missouri, and learn the newest thinking on leveraging technology to promote improved instruction and learning.
At this two-and-a-half-day event, youll gain the skills and confidence you need to improve teaching and learning through the pedagogical use of technology. Learn from innovators whose presentations showcase proven methods and tools that they use with their students.
Why This is the Event for You
For the 2018 Magna Teaching with Technology Conference, youll be able to choose from over 60 concurrent sessions (ranging from beginner to advanced) that are concentrated in the following areas:
- Active Learning Pedagogy
- Learning Design
- Emergent Technologies
- Faculty Development
- Student Assessment
At the conference, you can also participate in quality plenary sessions, poster sessions, and optional preconference workshops.
During the interactive sessions, presented by established thought leaders, youll learn how to:
- Use technology in a face-to-face classroom for everything from engagement to assessment
- Incorporate technology in a blended or flipped course
- Use technology to enhance online teaching through engagement, discussion, feedback, instructor presence, community building, and course design
- Leverage technological tools such as augmented reality, data visualization programs, adaptive courseware, video, and virtual communication
Not only does this event offer an excellent opportunity to expand your grasp on pedagogical use of technology, youll also be able to connect with peers from around the country and learn best practices that are working for them.
Its no longer enough to be a subject matter expert in your chosen field. Today, you need to know how to integrate technology into your classes that will elevate your teaching and help students become better learners. Register for this special event today!
Who Should Attend
The conference presents an unparalleled opportunity for anyone in higher education to develop and hone their understanding of technology and enhance teaching through technology-based tools, especially:
- Faculty members who are new to using tech in their classrooms
- Faculty who already use technology in teaching and want to become more proficient
- Veteran educators who want to sharpen their technology expertise or revitalize their courses
- Educators who are transitioning to flipped or online teaching
- Instructional designers interested in integrating emerging technology into course design
- Technology aficionados who want to learn from and network with like-minded peers
- Faculty developers or department chairs who are looking for new ideas to implement on a broad scale
Whether youre teaching online, face-to-face, or a combination of both, this event will help you create a richer learning experience for your students and a more rewarding teaching experience for yourself.