Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals is Open Year Round
The National Conference on Student Leadership (NCSL) calls on professional speakers, student affairs professionals, leadership practitioners, and leadership educators to propose sessions for our annual conference. Sessions should offer learning opportunities for actionable, high-impact student leadership development.
Please carefully read the information below.
About the National Conference on Student Leadership
Since 1978, the National Center for Student Life has provided values-based, purpose-driven leadership development opportunities to college student leaders and campus professionals from across the country and around the world.
The National Conference on Student Leadership, which takes place each fall, is the cornerstone of the National Center for Student Life. The Conference is a vital training forum for student leadership development based on the Social Change Model. More than 1,200 students and campus professionals from over 200 colleges and universities attend each year, and learn how to apply leadership skills to make a meaningful difference. The conferences offer dynamic keynote presentations, and interactive student workshops for individual development, group leadership training, and civic engagement to prepare young leaders for success on campus and beyond. A dedicated track provides student affairs professional development.
Proposals will be reviewed for topical relevance, interactivity (for workshops), and presenter expertise and experience.
NCSL's workshops are dynamic and interactive sessions that provide opportunities for participants to engage in problem-solving around critical issues.
Attendees should come away with the ability to demonstrate mastery of stated learning objectives, and clear action steps to implement their learning.
Keynote presentations should address values-based individual, group, and societal leadership skills for making a meaningful difference. Keynotes address the big questions and critical issues of our day for college student leaders. They are delivered by highly experienced professionals, practitioners, and recognized thought leaders.
Presenters receive complimentary conference registration and exhibit space. Additional compensation is dependent upon presenter qualifications and number of sessions.
Terms and Conditions
Our intention is to present a unique values-based leadership development experience for college students, and distinctive student affairs professional development experience for faculty and staff.
Your name, bio, image, workshop title, and description will be used by NCSL for promotion.
We request that NCSL presenters not allow their names or images to be included in concurrent promotion for other student leadership conferences. We also request that presenters not make similar presentations at other student leadership conferences within one month of NCSL without our advanced written consent.
Presenters may include a very brief (one minute) promotion of their own products or services at the beginning or end of their presentation. Sales are permitted at the presenter exhibit area only. Video promotions must be approved in advance by NCSL.
College and university students make up approximately 80% of our conference attendees, and higher education professionals comprise the remaining 20%. The typical students in attendance are campus leaders involved in student government, campus activities board, or other extracurricular organizations, but all students are welcome.