New Job Posting
Magna Publications serves the higher education community by producing online programs, newsletters, conferences, and other products that support faculty and staff development. The organization is respected for presenting information needed to be a leading and ever-evolving academic professional. Magna currently produces three in-person conferences, as well as four virtual conferences, and is recruiting for a conference planner to seamlessly plan and execute these events.
The Conference Planner is an integral member of the organization, planning conferences that engage attendees with informative content, networking, and an overall enjoyable experience. The Conference Planner is expected to communicate with a high-level of professionalism with suppliers, academic professionals, exhibitors, presenters, and attendees via phone, email, in-person, and a variety of communication platforms and apps.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates all details of all in-person and virtual conferences.
- Sources sites, suppliers, and all services for each event
- Manages and coordinates event logistics for each conference, including: audio visual, food & beverage, sleeping accommodations, meeting room sets, attrition, and any contracted details.
- Coordinates presenter submission process, reviewer process, and finalizes general sessions and keynote speakers
- Manages conference schedule to create a balanced and meaningful program
- Communicates with all presenters, exhibitors, suppliers, and attendees
- Manages conference app platform
- Oversees and leads advisory boards
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the attendee experience
- Manages event budget, monitoring expenses
- Other duties as assigned
- Hybrid work environment with a minimum of one day per week in-office.
- Travel required
- Associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience planning in-person events with concurrent sessions for groups of 250+ people.
- Experience planning and executing virtual events
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working in a variety of web-based platforms and event apps
- Ability to plan multiple events simultaneously
Interested candidates please contact Becky Peck, Editorial Director, at Becky.email@example.com.