This position supports the editorial department.
Magna Publications, Inc. is seeking a product specialist to create professional development products for the higher education market. The product specialist will work under the direction of the editorial director and with a cross functional team to coordinate production of digital products including training videos, webinars, and online courses.
- Producing digital video programs on time and within budget.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading on-screen text and supporting documents.
- Coordinating online synchronous events (seminars and workshops) with outside subject matter experts on time and within budget.
- Coordinating continuous improvement of existing products to ensure customer satisfaction, including surveying customers and reporting on results.
- Providing input on the planning and implementation of a comprehensive editorial program.
- Growing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, e.g., subject matter experts, presenters, key customers, and partners.
- Attending 2-4 conferences per year to learn the industry and develop relationships with subject matter experts.
Experience with project management for B2B video products including synchronous and asynchronous programs and courses. Experience with professional development and training including online learning or instructional design. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to successfully build positive relationships with coworkers and external stakeholders. A solid and continuing understanding of the target audience (higher education professionals) is imperative, as is an understanding of and/or willingness to learn about complex higher education topics including legal issues. This is a position with responsibility and accountability for continuous improvement of existing offerings and successful implementation of new offerings. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as communication, journalism, or English
- 3–5 years related work experience
- Polished professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in B2B product and project development and management
- Experience with the editorial process including writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience with planning and executing online content such as webinars or courses
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and well organized, with demonstrated follow-through skills
- Excellent teamwork, critical thinking, and systems thinking skills
- High-performing, highly self-motivated, curious, and creative
- Ability to travel
- Familiarity with higher education topics such as administration, teaching methods, academic affairs, student affairs, equity/inclusion/diversity, or social justice a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint and Teams, InDesign, InCopy, Chicago Style, and Zoom a plus
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) a plus
About Magna Publications:
Founded in 1972, Magna Publications serves the higher education community by producing professional development products that support faculty and staff development.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2023.