Advance Your Academic Leadership Skills
Higher education today is experiencing significant change, whether to curricula, technology, tenure practices, issues in student affairs, recruitment, or retention. At the same time, institutions are challenged with increased scrutiny from the academic community, accreditors, students, and parents. More than ever, effective and flexible academic and administrative leadership is critical to any institutions success.
The Leadership in Higher Education conference was created to bring much-needed professional development resources to academic leaders. In a collaborative gathering of higher education professionals, we examine trends, strategies, and best practices through a combination of plenary presentations, concurrent sessions, and roundtable discussions.
Register today for the 2018 Leadership in Higher Education Conference, held October 1820 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Why This is the Event for You
At the 2018 Leadership in Higher Education Conference, choose from over 45 concurrent sessions in the following conference tracks:
- Best Practices for Deans and Department Chairs
- Leadership and Management
- Evaluation and Program/Department Assessment
- Faculty Hiring and Development
- Issues and Trends in Higher Education
During the interactive sessions, presented by leaders from around the country, youll have the opportunity to learn:
- Proven tools and techniques for running a successful department or division
- Demonstrated strategies for hiring and developing faculty, including ways to design a fruitful faculty development program, foster a collegial department, and conduct effective hiring searches
- Key facets of managing challenging personnel and balancing instructor and administrative needs
- Approaches to institutional and program assessment, including working with accreditors, understanding compliance trends, and executing a strategic plan
- Responses to issues and trends driving policy today, such as diversity and inclusion, legal and regulatory compliance, and economic development and fundraising
At this conference, scaled for networking and reflection, youll have the ability to learn from and with your peers. Draw upon the experiences of other academic professionals from around the country who face the same challenges as you do. Register for this special event today!
Who Should Attend
Perhaps youre at the midpoint of your career. Or maybe you have leadership experience and hope to attain a more senior position. Wherever you fall on the management spectrum, the Leadership in Higher Education Conference can help you reach your goals. Sessions are especially geared toward:
- Department chairs
- Division heads
- Academic VPs
- Program or project directors
As student, faculty, and institutional needs change, administrators must lead through the change with dynamic, efficient, and innovative management.
Reach your greatest leadership potentialfor your students and faculty, for your institution, for yourself.