How Can I Use Technology to Foster the Emotional Processing of Course Content?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that emotions play a large part in how people learn. Recent research shows that emotion and cognition are intricately related. It is becoming more and more important to actively stimulate and engage the emotional responses of students to help them learn deeply and meaningfully. The intentional application of technology can capture an interaction with the content to develop studentsí emotional responses to content which in turn, fosters deeper understanding and learning of important concepts and ideas.
Purchase the How Can I Use Technology to Foster the Emotional Processing of Course Content? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Flower Darby. In this 20-minute session, explore how streaming media, audio performances and presentations, and virtual conferencing tools can facilitate emotional presence in in-person and online classes.
By the end of the mentor, participants will be able to:
- Explore ways of using technology to provoke emotional responses from students and deepen their understanding of content in in-person and online classes
- Use commonly available tools in Learning Management Systems to design online activities that engage student emotions and increase learning
- Deploy technologies to humanize online and in-person classes
- Emotional presence in in-person and online classes
- Media solutions
- Videoconference solutions
- Designing emotions into LMS activities
- Humanize online and F2F classes
This program will benefit:
- Faculty developers
- Instructional designers
Product Code: QM18HA