Magna On-Demand Seminars
Applying Cultural Intelligence to Online Instruction to Maximize Student Success
Learn to use Cultural Intelligence (CQ) to effectively identify, address, and manage cultural differences in the online classroom to create a more inclusive learning environment that will benefit students and impact retention and success.
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is the ability to recognize and adapt to cultural differences, which in turn makes it possible to work effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds. Teachers need this critical skill now more than ever, especially in the online environment.
This online seminar will demonstrate how you can use Cultural Intelligence to manage personal biases and take actionable steps to create a more inclusive learning environment that will benefit students and impact retention and success. After viewing, you’ll be able to share best practices with other instructors to help create a more culturally responsive and inclusive learning environment for all students across your campus.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Effectively identify and address cultural differences in your online teaching
- Demonstrate cultural intelligence by managing your biases and being mindful of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Implement action steps such as diversifying course materials, incorporating cultural experiences, and providing opportunities for students to share their own cultural backgrounds to create a culturally responsive and inclusive online learning environment
- Share best practices with other instructors to promote cultural intelligence and success for all students
Who should attend?
- Faculty teaching online
- Administrators, Deans, and others working in curriculum development
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- 12-month on-demand access
- The program can be viewed as often as needed while on-demand access is available
- Written transcript
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Product Code: QC23AA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days after payment has been received by Magna.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- From: $1,297.00 for 1 year
- Select options
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Group Subscription, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart