Magna On-Demand Seminars
Design and Teach an Equitable and Inclusive Course
This Magna Online Seminar provides a five-point framework to establish inclusive teaching practices and expand faculty’s inclusivity mindset.
Inclusive teaching practices facilitate learning for all students. But what does an inclusive classroom look like? How do we address diversity, inclusion, and equity issues with students without feeling awkward and uncomfortable?
This Magna Online Seminar introduces a five-theme framework of inclusive teaching and discusses inclusive teaching practices beyond accommodation for disability. This Magna Online Seminar aims to reduce the barriers that faculty often face when implementing inclusive teaching practices and encourage faculty to take their first steps towards inclusive teaching.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Describe, define, and identify inclusive teaching practices
- Understand inclusive teaching as a multi-faceted approach:
- Build classroom climate for a learning community
- Adopt Inclusive teaching pedagogy and methods
- Ensure equitable access to learning resources
- Include diverse content and representation
- Adopt fair and valid assessment and grading scheme
- Evaluate and apply the 5-theme framework to re-envision and re-design your courses
Who should attend?
- Instructional Designers
- Educational Developers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Many educators misperceive inclusive teaching as accommodating student disabilities or merely having conversations about social justice issues. Some educators don’t even know where to begin on this topic .
This Magna Online Seminar will help faculty find inclusive teaching practices beyond accommodation for disability and including conversations about racial, gender and social justice issues.
Participants will examine their perceptions and definitions of inclusive teaching practices followed by an exploration of their inclusivity mindset and the practices they have established in classes. Inclusive teaching is introduced as a five-theme framework, including classroom climate, teaching pedagogical practices, equitable access to resources, course content and representation, and assessment. Examples and strategies are provided and demonstrated to facilitate discussion and brainstorm ideas about how you can reinvent and implement this framework in any college course. Finally, participants will develop a custom bundle of inclusive teaching practices for their own courses and curricula that fit their teaching style, student populations, and their disciplines.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC21HA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart