In the wake of ongoing national conversations around diversity and inclusion, these issues have become far too important to students, faculty, and staff to be ignored on college campuses.
As these crucial discussions continue, what should your institution be doing to ensure a comfortable, safe, and equitable campus environment for ALL?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Effective Diversity and Inclusion Strategies, presented by Julian Williams, JD.
Using a case study model, this presentation provides a high-level overview of effective strategies for instituting organizational culture shifts on campus. You’ll evaluate strategies for recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff, learn how to facilitate inclusion in the classroom, and explore the diversity imperative. You’ll come away with an understanding of how to activate an inclusion and diversity infrastructure at your institution and effective strategies for helping develop a diversity framework.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Use change management tools to activate the diversity and inclusion infrastructure on your campus
- Infuse inclusive teaching strategies into faculty professional development plans
- Undertake intentional and effective strategies to recruit and retain faculty of color
- Understand the dos and don’ts of creating inclusive classroom spaces
A truly inclusive campus requires strong leadership and organizational change management. In this seminar, you’ll explore how to effectively lead and create institutional change, ensuring your institution is a diverse and successful learning community.
- Diversity and inclusion in the national context of higher education
- How to build and maintain a successful diversity and inclusion infrastructure on your campus
- The characteristics of an inclusive classroom
- Effective recruitment and retention strategies for faculty and staff
- The benefits of inclusive teaching
- The dos and don’ts of creating an inclusive space
This seminar will benefit chief diversity officers, chief inclusion officers, equity officers, directors of diversity and inclusion, and vice presidents for diversity and inclusion.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC18GD