Engage Early, Build Trust, and Gain Student Retention and Success
$207.90 – $347.90
What happens during the first week of class sets the tone for the entire term and can affect retention and student success. For students to work well together in classes, a degree of trust must exist between them, and building this trust quickly is key. Learn about the concept of swift trust, which comes from business but applies to education as well.
What happens during the first week of class sets the tone for the entire term and can affect retention and student success.
For students to work well together in classes, a degree of trust must exist between them, and building this trust quickly is key. Learn about the concept of swift trust, which comes from business but applies to education as well. In online classes especially, building trust is key not just to the student-to-student learning community but between students and the instructor. A course where trust is built within the first two weeks should see better learner engagement and better retention. Explore what swift trust is and methods of building it within any course (face-to-face and online).
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define swift trust as it applies to education
- Identify practical ways to build swift trust early and sustain it throughout an online course
- Select and use specific swift trust activities appropriate for any course
Here’s What We’ll Cover
- Defining the importance of building swift trust early in classes to create the best possible learning community and environment
- Exploring and applying swift trust in any course you teach
- Reviewing supporting cases on swift trust and how it has actually benefited others
- Activities you can begin using right away to build and sustain swift trust
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- eLearning Specialists
- Distance Learning Coordinators
- Faculty Development Staff
- Student Retention Staff
Additional Benefits of Swift Trust:
- Learning about swift trust and how to cultivate it may lead to better retention
- It can take up to two weeks for students to feel comfortable in an online class-activities that build swift trust may decrease that time barrier
- Accomplishing swift trust between instructor and learner and among learners may lead to better engagement and interaction through the rest of the course in all activities, therefore leading to greater student success
- Should see more engaged learners who will reach out for help
- Better retention of students in their courses
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access for 1-year
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19LA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart