Magna On-Demand Seminars
Engage Early, Build Trust, and Gain Student Retention and Success
This Magna Online Seminar explores swift trust, its benefits, and methods of building it within any course (face-to-face and online).
For students to work well together in classes, a degree of trust must exist between them, and building this trust quickly is key. Learn about the concept of swift trust, which comes from business but applies to education as well. In online classes especially, building trust is key not just to the student-to-student learning community but between students and the instructor. A course where trust is built within the first two weeks should see better learner engagement and better retention. Explore what swift trust is and methods of building it within any course (face-to-face and online).
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Define swift trust as it applies to education
- Identify practical ways to build swift trust early and sustain it throughout an online course
- Select and use specific swift trust activities appropriate for any course
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Defining the importance of building swift trust early in classes to create the best possible learning community and environment
- Exploring and applying swift trust in any course you teach
- Reviewing supporting cases on swift trust and how it has actually benefited others
- Activities you can begin using right away to build and sustain swift trust
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designers
- eLearning Specialists
- Distance Learning Coordinators
- Faculty Development Staff
- Student Retention Staff
Additional benefits of swift trust:
- Learning about swift trust and how to cultivate it may lead to better retention
- It can take up to two weeks for students to feel comfortable in an online class-activities that build swift trust may decrease that time barrier
- Accomplishing swift trust between instructor and learner and among learners may lead to better engagement and interaction through the rest of the course in all activities, therefore leading to greater student success
- Should see more engaged learners who will reach out for help
- Better retention of students in their courses
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19LA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart