Magna On-Demand Seminars
Grade Less, Teach Less, Learn More
This Magna Online Seminar presents a framework of expert-level teaching practices, all backed by the science of how our brains learn. Adopting three elements of a constructivist teaching approach can help to make learners more active, curious, and engaged, all while reducing your workload as an instructor.
Think back to the last time you graded student work. How long did it take?
Think about the work you put into preparing and presenting information that is new to your students. A lot of time, there, too?
What if we told you that your students can actually learn more and learn better if you were to teach less and grade less? There has to be a catch, right? Well, no. This Magna Online Seminar presents a framework of expert-level teaching practices, all backed by the science of how our brains learn. Adopting three elements of a constructivist teaching approach can help to make learners more active, curious, and engaged, all while reducing your workload as an instructor.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Grade Less: Adopt a scaffolded grade structure that rests on completion-only and feedback-only learner activities.
- Teach Less: Provide real-world answers to why questions and bring learners through the discovery process together.
- Learn More: Design course interactions that provide learners with greater choice and defining power for learning outcomes.
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Specifications grading
- Authentic assessment
- Learner curiosity
- Emotional learning
- Social learning
- Desirable difficulty
- Failure in learning
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19RA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart