Magna On-Demand Seminars
How to Run Your Online Classroom So It Doesn’t Run You!
For faculty teaching online who are overwhelmed with the process and unable to create a meaningful learning experience, this Magna Online Seminar presents strategies to establish and manage workflow in order to control the classroom and make space for creative teaching.
When we talk about faculty workload management—how to run your online classroom—there is a lot of focus on ways to better manage the myriad tasks that pop up from day to day such as quicker grading and faster discussion responses. But this kind of operational work is, by definition, ongoing. There is no end to it. Getting faster just does not solve the problem.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for the classroom
- Match instructional effort to key areas of student engagement for maximum impact
- Identify Drainers and Wasters—and put them in their place
- Manage and track your workflow so you can see blue sky again
Who should attend?
- Instructional Designers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
Online faculty find themselves trapped between doing the intellectual knowledge work of guiding the class on matters of instructional content and managing the never-ending barrage of digital tasks that come with managing online work. There is a tug of war happening and, as a result, faculty are rarely able to bring their whole selves to the table. We have to fight just to teach mindfully in the online modality!
This Magna Online Seminar offers the keys to give faculty control over the workflow of the classroom, allowing them to optimize the learning experience, to both iterate and innovate within the online classroom.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: QC21AA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart