Magna On-Demand Seminars
How to Use Interactive Lecturing as Pedagogy of Engagement
This Magna Online Seminar will detail interactive lecturing, a model for combining lectures and active learning techniques in a way that can engage students and improve their learning.
In recent years, lectures as a pedagogical approach have come under considerable fire.
Critics have called lectures boring, obsolete, old-fashioned, overused, and even unfair. The criticisms, however, are often leveled at one type of lecture: the full-session, transmission-model lecture. Still, there is another type of lecture that has tried and true benefits: the interactive lecture. By watching this program, you will gain practical and actionable ideas and creative approaches to a comfortable method. With the use of interactive lecturing, you will gain improved learning in the classroom.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Contrast transmission lectures and interactive lectures
- Describe three approaches to creating more engaging presentations
- Describe four active learning techniques that can support learning in lectures
Here’s what we’ll cover!
- Characteristics of effective lecture presentations
- Active learning techniques that can be used to support student learning in lectures
Who should attend?
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional designers
- Faculty developers
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19SA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart