Magna On-Demand Seminars
Increasing Inclusion and Interaction: Disabilities in the College Classroom
For faculty who must accommodate the needs of students with disabilities, the Magna Online Seminar introduces small pedagogical changes that will improve the experience for all learners.
Creating accommodating, all-inclusive environments for all students should be a top priority for any educator. Fortunately, faculty can implement small, straightforward pedagogical changes to increase the inclusion of students with disabilities that often improve interaction between all enrolled students, improve the classroom experience, and make teaching more efficient and effective.
This Magna Online Seminar presents strategies to improve inclusion and interaction of students with and without disabilities. This Magna Online Seminar also provides a framework for you to develop your own strategies.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate how access and accommodation services are not sufficient for inclusion, or for interaction between students
- Distinguish exemplar challenges, in a range of typical college classrooms and settings
- Review pedagogical strategies to reduce these challenges, and increase interaction and inclusion of and between students with and without disabilities
- Consider assessment options to gauge effectiveness of these strategies
- Employ takeaways and apply this framework to your own courses
Who should attend?
- Faculty and instructors, all ranks and disciplines including graduate students with teaching responsibilities
- Faculty Developers
- Teaching and Learning Center Professionals
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC19XA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart