Learning Assessment Techniques: How to Integrate New Activities that Gauge What and How Well Students Learn
$297.00 – $497.00
Learn techniques that will help improve your teaching and your students’ ability to learn more effectively. Develop a framework you can use to better identify goals for your students, along with strategies to help them achieve those goals.
Learn techniques that will help improve your teaching and your students’ ability to learn more effectively.
You can probably find a lot of courses these days on how to be a more effective teacher-but not so many on how to assess that effectiveness. To ensure your teaching strategies work the way they should, you need to understand both.
More and more groups want data on what and how well students are learning, but it isn’t always easy to collect. Whether you report results for your institutions assessment efforts to the hiring, tenure, or promotions committee at your college or university or you just need to let your students know how well they’re doing, a more integrated approach can help you gather that information more efficiently. You can find out more about these subjects when you order Learning Assessment Techniques: How to Integrate New Activities that Gauge What and How Well Students Learn.
Discover a unique approach to learning, with assignments and activities you may not have heard about before. These are active-learning techniques you can use to improve student learning and better assess and report the results.
After participating in this online seminar, you will be able to:
- Teach in a way that integrates active learning and assessment to create a more unified process
- Implement classroom activities to get students more invested in the class and more motivated to learn
- Incorporate learning assessment techniques into your online or face-to-face courses
- Gather credible evidence of what students are learning and use it to report results to students and other interested parties
- Adapt learning assessment techniques from this seminar to your own courses
Presented by Elizabeth Barkley, PhD, one of the authors of Learning Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty, you’ll learn techniques that will help improve your teaching and your students’ ability to learn more effectively. In Learning Assessment Techniques: How to Integrate New Activities that Gauge What and How Well Students Learn, she’ll provide a framework you can use to better identify goals for your students, along with strategies to help them achieve those goals.
Whether you’re a faculty member, faculty developer, instructional designer, or teaching assistant—anyone who teaches or develops online or face-to-face courses for colleges and universities—you’ll be introduced to strategies you can use to create activities that will motivate your students to learn.
Order today and you’ll come away with strategies you can use to design and implement these new classroom activities, along with the ability to assess what and how well your students are learning.
Product Code: PC16DA
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Campus Safety, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Specific Student Populations, Strategic Planning, Student Engagement, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- Magna Online Seminar Pass
- Add to cart