Magna On-Demand Seminars
Using Authentic Assessment to Assess Student Learning
This Magna Online Seminar will help you develop authentic assignments and assessment mechanisms to help encourage a holistic understanding of student learning.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Students want active learning environments and opportunities to build a skillset that is relevant to today’s job market and that can help them solve challenging problems. Authentic assessment and authentic assignments provide instructors with a framework for designing relevant real-world opportunities for students to build practical skills.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand assessment as a holistic, transformative, and authentic means to enhance student learning
- Develop specific strategies for authentic assessment
Who should attend?
- Instructional Designers
- Faculty Development Professionals
Why you don’t want to miss this!
If you have experienced disinterested or unmotivated students in your classes, this Magna Online Seminar will help you reach them in a different way by providing real-world opportunities for them to develop and practical relevant skills. Develop specific strategies for authentic assessment and authentic assignments and assessment mechanisms to help encourage a holistic understanding of student learning. You’ll recognize assessment as a holistic, transformative, and authentic means to enhance student learning and develop specific strategies for authentic assessment.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC21EA
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Active and Engaged Students, Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Classroom Climate, Classroom Management, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Digital Library, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Faculty, Faculty Support, Legal Concerns, On-Demand Seminars, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Student Engagement, Personal Development, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies, Technology in Online Courses, Technology in the Classroom
- More Information