Magna On-Demand Seminars
Using Interleaving in Course Design to Improve Retention
For faculty whose students are not retaining course concepts for the duration of the semester, this Magna Online Seminar explains interleaving content during instruction and studying to improve student success through increased content retention.
Interleaving is the strategy of alternating between concepts during learning instead of practicing one skill at a time. Studies have shown that interleaving content rather than presenting information in separate sections throughout a class promotes retention (Richland et al., 2005; Rohrer, 2012). This Magna Online Seminar introduces the concept of interleaving and how best to incorporate it into your courses.
What are the learning goals?
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Explain interleaving
- Determine where interleaving is a good fit in your courses
- Implement interleaving in your courses
Who should attend?
- Instructional Designers
- Educational Developers
Why you don’t want to miss this!
If you are looking to increase content retention in your students, interleaving is an effective strategy to boost retention of course content and therefore improve student success. Interleaving is a research-supported approach to studying that is shown to help students learn. This teaching concept applies to designing and teaching a course as well as a skill faculty can teach their students to improve studying.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- On-demand access
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available on-demand.
Educational Development Resources for Your Entire Campus
Whether you are an educator or a leader at your educational institution or organization, Magna has resources for how you want to learn:
- Individual programs to fill specific learning needs
- Preselected programs that come to you on a regular schedule
- Deep dive courses for complete immersion to master skills in a specific topic area
- Program groups built around a specific topic area or discipline
- A complete professional development library covering educator’s needs in all topic areas
Want to learn more? Contact email@example.com for a free consultation.
Product Code: PC21GA
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License, registrants are granted a license to download the program contents to a password-protected network, server, or website for additional staff use. You will receive information on downloading the contents of the program within 3-5 business days.
Meet Your Presenter
Magna On-Demand Seminars
Group Subscription Options
- Campus Safety, Compliance, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, Faculty Support, Institutional Assessment, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Leadership, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Regulatory Compliance, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Student Support, Supporting Online Faculty, Title IX Clery and VAWA
- More Information
- Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Blended and Flipped Learning, Course Delivery and Instruction, Course Design and Preparation, Department and Program Evaluation and Assessment, Digital Library, Faculty, Faculty Support, Institutional Culture, Leadership, Legal Concerns, Monday Morning Mentor, Online Assessment, Grading, and Feedback, Online Course Delivery and Instruction, Online Course Design and Preparation, Online Program Evaluation and Assessment, Online Program Strategy, Personal and Professional Development for Academic Leaders, Specific Student Populations, Student Engagement, Supporting Online Faculty, Teaching Strategies
- Add to cart