How Can I Build Engagement in My Online Classes Through Student-created Video?
This session examines the technical, practical, and pedagogical aspects of engaging online students through student-generated videos. By incorporating student videos into online classes, students can feel connected to their classmates and more engaged with course content. Online instructors may encounter some challenges when incorporating student videos initially. This session provides practical ways to avoid them.
Purchase the How Can I Build Engagement in My Online Classes Through Student-created Video? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Oliver Dreon. In this 20-minute session, you’ll learn to build engagement in online classes, increase the level of social presence in online classes, and expand the ways that students can participate in online classes.
After this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the technical, practical, and pedagogical aspects of engaging online students through student-generated videos
- Examine common obstacles for incorporating student-created videos in online classes
- Outline ways to structure assignments to leverage student videos
- Brief overview of research and pedagogical applications of video
- Discussion of examples and technologies
- Practical tips and obstacles to avoid
- Engaging students with video
This program will benefit:
- Online Faculty
- Assistant Professors
- Adjunct Professors
- Teaching Professors
- Transfer Professors
Product Code: PM19CA