How Can I Create a Platform for Difficult Conversations in the Online Classroom?
As in any classroom, it can be necessary to have difficult conversations with online students. However, in the online classroom, visual cues that can help when communicating sensitive information are missing. In this program, explore a simple framework to engage in a difficult conversation, apply the framework to scenarios that might come up in the online classroom, and gain strategies to have successful resolutions to difficult topics.
Purchase the How Can I Create a Platform for Difficult Conversations in the Online Classroom? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Stephanie Delaney, PhD. In this 20-minute session, learn the importance of having a difficult conversation and identify resources for having the conversation.
By the end of the mentor, participants will be able to:
- Identify difficult situations requiring a teacher-student conversation
- Learn how to set the stage for having a difficult conversation
- Move through a difficult conversation using an established framework
- General and specific challenges of communicating in the online classroom
- Problems that come from procrastinating
- Framework for having a difficult conversation
- Applying the framework to online classroom scenarios
This program will benefit:
- Instructional designers
Product Code: PM18KB